The Inventory Analyst will be responsible for performing the analytics to inform the development of the Product Availability strategy, communicating the strategy to the Operations Team and reporting to measure at both the Distribution Centre and partner level to determine if the strategy is working.
In This Role You Will
- Identify cost of lost sales at a partner level, work closely with the Digital Merchandiser to align on a strategy to optimize inventory by partner warehouse, as well as quantify the ROI (deliver the strategy operations).
- Take the lead in communicating the strategy cross-functionally with the operations teams.
- Be accountable to measure the results and suggest alternative actions if the strategy is not working.
- Support the Sales and Bid Teams to navigate exception request for high volume executing on the strategy set out by both the Category Manager and Digital Merchandiser.
- Act as a pivot within Product Strategy Team to co-ordinate tactics that execute on the Product Availability strategy for specific product lines.
- Use Customer and Transactional Counts data to assess the risk and opportunities associated with inventory.
- Use internal and external data sources to help the Product Strategy team make better decisions with regards to Product Availability.
- Help support with the Digital Merchandiser in the development of the Product Availability strategy while receiving direction and supervision from the Manager of Data Analytics.
- Act as an advisor to the Digital Merchandizer with a critical lens to product availability and identifying opportunity.
- Support the Digital Merchandizer by communicating the strategy with cross-functional teams, working closely with the Order Suggestion Team, Sales Coordinators, and Bid Desk.
- Post-secondary education - Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Supply Chain, Business, Statistics, or relevant cumulative experience.
- 2 years working experience as a Data Analyst or Inventory Analyst.
- Strong working knowledge of cleaning and compiling large sets of data, data mining, creating reports.
- Robust analytical skills with the ability to organize, analyze and disseminate complex data.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with BI reporting packages such as Excel and Power BI.
Can also demonstrate:
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Adept at queries, reporting and presenting findings.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate analytic results in a clear and concise manner.
What We Offer
- A comprehensive 8-week paid training program
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- Bonus Plan
How to Apply--Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page com Careers
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.