Editor, Digital Hub 1 year Term
ABOUT CANADA LIFE’S DIGITAL HUB
With Great-West Life, London Life, and Canada Life coming together as the new Canada Life. In our Digital Hub, we’re designing, coding and delivering new products for millions of Canadians. We’re changing the way a trusted institution operates by bringing design, agile, and modern web development practices to life. When you join the Digital Hub, you join a diverse and talented team of creative and technologically talented individuals working together to improve the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
We’re looking for someone who has a track record and passion for creating and editing content that supports an ideal end-to-end customer experience. You’ll help champion and craft plain language content to support our digital channels, including websites and apps.
You’re the ideal candidate because you not only excel at developing strategic and effective UX and marketing content, you’re great at partnering and influencing key stakeholders and decision-makers on the right content approach. You seek to understand the various and sometimes contrasting needs of different stakeholders (customers, advisors, business teams, legal, compliance, marketing, etc.). Ensuring that content is accessible is an organic part of your work. And you understand the need for, and thrive on, working iteratively and collaboratively with subject matter experts and decision-makers to find the right balance between technically correct and user-friendly.
You also know what it takes to support multiple remote and co-located delivery teams with crisp, consistent and user-friendly copy.
- Adapt, build on and execute end-to-end content strategy for multiple digital platforms channels?
- Create and edit copy based on a project’s goals, maintaining consistency of style and voice
- Work alongside key partners to understand business, regulatory and corporate requirements, and balance those with user needs
- Adhere to AODA and other accessibility standards
- Recommend and influence copy usage within a UX and design-thinking context
- Help distill complex financial/technical content and jargon into user-friendly content with a plain language approach
- Participate in customer research and apply insights to design copy that serves and delights diverse audiences
- Work with various internal teams to establish priorities and secure approvals
- Collaborate with UX architects, designers, animators, strategists and researchers
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of governance guidelines for digital copy
- Educate cross-functional partners on the role of plain language writing and content strategy throughout the product development process
- Must be willing to travel between our London, Ont. and Toronto offices (roughly two days per month but possibly more frequently in the early days) and occasional travel to Winnipeg and Montreal
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 3 years of experience in technical/UX writing, design content, or related field in digital
- Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on digital writing
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to interpret various stakeholder and user needs and translate them into compelling online copy
- Strong understanding of accessibility standards
- A strong listener and influencer
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
- Self-motivated, organized and able to multitask and prioritize jobs to meet deadlines
- Experience navigating compliance and market conduct concerns
- Experience working with content management systems (especially Adobe Experience Manager), including analytics tools an asset
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. ?If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential. ?
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted