VP Development & Technology
Are you a seasoned technology leader with an achievement driven spirit? Are you excited and able to develop strategies that truly strengthen a rapidly growing information business? Can you deliver on your plan by working and inspiring your team and other core stakeholders? If yes, then CARFAX Canada has an amazing career opportunity for you as our VP Development & Technology.
We empower millions of people daily with insights to make better decisions about their vehicles.
Canadians rely on our insights to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. As the country’s #1 provider of automotive insights, we’re always innovating to make buying, selling and owning vehicles easier for all Canadians.
This role is essential to strengthening and evolving our efforts in development and technical operations. This will be challenging as it involves lots of people and structure, process, and strategies. You’ll need to be passionate about working with others, ensuring best-in-class teams, and maintain a continuous focus on improvement within a rapidly growing and established business.
You will have the unique opportunity to create and implement CARFAX Canada’s technology strategy to establish a stronger future for our business. You’ll ensure your teams are highly engaged and progressive on quality, productivity and technical excellence. You’ll be engaged across the entire business, taking the time to understand what drives our brand, products, operations, and financials. Most of the time, you’ll be working closely with our Product and Data leadership teams to deliver on our Game Plan, as well as our CARFAX US sister company to develop common strategies and synergies when they make sense.
- Establish a multi-year strategic plan and ensure that deliverables are completed.
- Influence a culture of innovation, performance and high-quality product development.
- Build and inspire a team, generating a strong sense of pride, urgency and willingness to work towards ambitious goals.
- Collaborate and share best practices with CARFAX US Technical Leadership team.
- Rapidly assimilate, comprehend, drive, and be accountable for the company’s technology environments, software and hardware processes, technology architecture, and the development of its core IP.
- Manage agile development teams and environments, refine cadence, and continually develop disciplined development processes and tools. Increase productivity and collaboration, reaching ambitious deadlines on key projects.
- Provide leadership oversight of cloud services, data center and network operations, and architecture – prioritizing scalability and performance and security, while monitoring quality control.
- Employ and administer effective software development methodologies for applying development schedules, quality control, and documentation.
- Develop and implement key performance metrics to determine needed technology improvements, as well as manage 24/7 uptime operations for production and application deployment environments.
- A minimum of 8+ years in previous senior leadership positions which may include; Director or VP Technology, Product Development or R&D.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent field.
- Strong collaboration skills and experience required.
- Technology strategy and deployment experience, with a passion to innovate and build.
- Experience in leading high-performance teams that successfully:
- Delivered and deployed complex enterprise solutions within a cloud-based environment.
- Supported and maintained large scale platforms and applications.
- Maintained a 24/7/365 technical production and operations environment.
- Experience in technology process and management concepts, including:
- Utilizing and implementing agile development methodologies, including Agile-XP.
- Experience leading Test-Driven Development (TDD) initiatives to deliver quality excellence.
- Creating metrics and continuous learning processes that improve workflow and productivity.
- Accurately estimating resource and time required for completing complex work.
- Outstanding collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion to deliver.
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until July 20, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!