JMP Solutions runs on the skill and expertise of Controls Specialists. Responsible for virtually all technical work with respect to projects and service provided to customers, as a Control Specialist with JMP you would have a pivotal role in solving our customer’s business problems using your creativity and technical expertise to create, design and implement innovative controls systems solutions. Be on the front lines interfacing with customers while providing tier-1 service and support and value-added expertise in the areas of project management and business development.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Technically, Controls Specialists develop, design, and integrate complex automation solutions; you will be responsible for various stages of automation and control projects including electrical design, PLC programming, HMI design, SCADA systems, and troubleshooting/testing/debugging
- Deliver an extraordinary customer experience by interfacing with clients, attending client field service and emergency calls, partaking in customer meetings, and sharing your technical expertise
- Identify industry business drivers and trends that will serve as the basis for developing key offerings to our clients
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- An Engineering Degree or Technology Diploma in Electrical, Mechatronics, Systems Design or related program
- 7+ years experience with PLCs (Allen Bradley, Schneider, Siemens), HMI Programming, AutoCAD/Electrical Design, Debug/Testing/Commissioning
- Knowledgeable regarding industry or manufacturing processes (agricultural processing, automotive, food and beverage and mining environments is beneficial)
- A proven self-starter who is motivated by solving complex challenges
- Strong client-focused approach
- Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
- An ability to travel; 10-15% travel is anticipated. Controls Specialists should have the ability to travel within US and Canada
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel objects, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
JMP Solutions (a Convergix Company)
Founded in 1987, JMP is an automation systems integrator offering solutions to diverse industrial and consumer end markets. It designs, engineers, and integrates hardware and software to automate its customers’ manufacturing and production facilities. Headquartered in London, Ontario, with an established North American footprint consisting of 17 office locations across the U.S. and Canada, the Company’s multi-geographic branch model provides it with a strategic advantage over smaller, sub-regional competitors, allowing it to provide targeted, local support while also growing with its blue-chip customer base across geographies and applications. We are certified as a “Great Place to Work” in both Canada and US. We have also been awarded one of the “Top 50 Best Workplaces Canada” nine (9) times, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion, for Women and Professional Services 2021 and 2022.
What does JMP Offer You?
Here at JMP, we offer a very generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Dental coverage
- RRSP Matching / 401K Matching
- and more!
ABOUT CONVERGIX AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS
Convergix Automation Solutions is a Global Systems Integrator specializing in custom automated manufacturing systems including, robotics, controls, material handling, information and software systems, process automation in a variety of manufacturing industries. With over 900 employees, 25+ Locations worldwide and $300M in Sales, Convergix is growing organically as well through acquisition to become a leading $1B Automation Integration global partner. We are a single source automation solutions provider that leverages the geography, technology, industry expertise and capacity of the entire Convergix portfolio across the entire value chain for our customers in a diverse set of industries.
Learn more about us: https://convergixautomation.com/
What does CONVERGIX value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build CONVERGIX; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity - Respect, Transparency, Commitment
- Excellence - Continuous Improvement, Innovation, Collaboration, Communication
- Passion - Momentum, Sense of Urgency, Growth, Success, Velocity
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.