Robot Programmer & Integrator
BOS Innovations Inc. has immediate openings for experienced Robot Programmers to join us at our brand-new headquarters. Located in Innovation Park in London, Ontario, our 75,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility is ready to welcome you to our team.
Candidates will have experience in machine integration and building robotic cells from scratch for the automotive industry. We’re also looking for candidates with experience being a technical lead on projects and aspirations to grow their leadership skills with us. The ideal candidate will be an expert at Fanuc and ABB robots. Experience with simulation software like Roboguide, Robot Studio or Process Simulate would be considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $72,000 - $95,000 base salary. OT paid out after 40 hours at 1.5 x hourly rate
Perform the integration of robots into automated systems. Review concepts and designs of automated machines. Create simulations to complete reach studies and test cycle time to ensure robots are integrated effectively and to verify concepts functionally. Continually research new innovative technologies to assist with future applications.
As a Robot Programmer at BOS, you will:
- Organize concept designs/project documents to complete a fully functional robot simulation of system.
- Fully know and understand the project scope and timeline, reporting any inconsistencies or timeline delays to Sr. Project Leads and PMs
- Support the Applications group by creating simulations to test quoted systems ensuring concepts are achievable.
- Work alongside the mechanical design group to develop concepts and identify any areas of concern
- Configure, program and fine-tune robots once simulation is loaded.
- Perform appropriate steps required to accomplish specific application type. (i.e. Sealant/Dispensing, Laser, Material Handling etc.)
- Develop robot path and review zoning of robots to confirm safe interaction.
- Create, configure and test all robot safety features.
- Create DCS and set up Safe Zones for operator interaction.
- Develop the system process, identify areas of improvement related to the specific application and implement changes to optimize the system.
- Plan and develop the robot dress out and provide instruction and suggestions to tradespeople for system optimization.
- Work in conjunction with employees completing PLC Programming to develop robot integration.
- Complete and provide detailed equipment manuals and troubleshooting documents
Additional Robotic Welding Responsibilities:
- Perform appropriate steps required to accomplish specific welding application (i.e. GMAW, RSW, Laser cutting, etc.)
- Develop and program new robotic welding processes. (e.g. weld schedule development for GMAW and RSW)
- Configure welding equipment and welding development to customer specifications.
- Complete the set up and testing of weld controllers and equipment including Servo guns
Education & Experience
- Degree or Diploma related to industrial automation programming
- Computer Expertise: Windows10, Microsoft Office, Roboguide, Robot Studio, SolidWorks PLC Programming software, HMI Programming software
- Understanding of custom machine building processes
- Knowledge of various robot applications ie. RSW, GMAW, Dispensing, Laser Cutting, Material Handling, Etc.
- Knowledge of Fanuc, ABB, Motoman, Kuka Robots
- Understanding of robot integration and safety features
- Ability to create and design a robot program, not just maintain and troubleshoot an existing program
- Knowledge of welding specifications
- Knowledge of weld controllers (RSW, GMAW, Laser, etc.)
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills and able to participate in high-level machine operation discussions
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Effective research and Information gathering
- Ability to analyze data, problem solve, logical and critical thinking
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a team environment
- Troubleshooting and communicating clearly and concisely
- Ability to meet deadlines and execute multiple project tasks.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. BOS welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About BOS Innovations
BOS Innovations executes industrial automation solutions with excellence that solve manufacturers’ challenges with advanced technology for the future. For 25 years, we have collaborated with North American manufacturers to develop innovative, profit-driven solutions for automotive, resource extraction, energy, and general industries.
Learn more about careers at BOS on our website or our YouTube channel.
Benefits Of Working At BOS
- Mentorship and Leadership Programs
- Flexible Work Hours
- Telecommuting Opportunities
- Health Benefits Program (multiple extended health care plans to choose from)
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Profit Sharing
- RRSP Employee/Employer Matching Program
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Staff appreciation lunches & Socials
- Bi-annual company events
- Career planning & goal setting
- Employee recognition program
- Performance appraisal program
- BOS Promotional Clothing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Supported Volunteer Program
- Commitment to maximum 60hr/week when needed on projects
- Onsite gym and locker rooms with showers
- Ping pong table in Cafeteria for lunches and breaks
At BOS, we look for and strive to develop people that embrace and champion the following values: