Intermediate Web Designer
Type: Full-time; Salary
Years of Experience: 4 or more years of industry experience
Location: London, ON. or Remote
Start Date: June 1st, 2021
Salary: $60,000 to $70,000
Group Benefits: Yes
Reports to: Melissa McInerney, Chief Creative Officer & CEO
At tbk, we engineer Canada’s best web and digital products, platforms, and experiences.
As an experienced UX designer, you know the creative and innovative process required to build effective and cutting-edge e-commerce websites, mobile apps, marketing websites, back-office business solutions, and digital campaigns. It’s always a group effort, and the Intermediate Web Designer role is a key figure that transforms the vision and its goals into reality for clients.
tbk is adding to our team of Canada’s best with the addition of an Intermediate Web Designer. As a web designer you are working directly with our distinguished client base and our dedicated team.
This role is remote-friendly, with a preference for candidates based in Ontario, Canada.
A day in the life of tbk’s Intermediate Web Designer:
- Morning Research – You start your day by reading the latest in design trends online to continuously hone your skills in an ever-changing field.
- Daily Meeting – Early in the morning, you join tbk’s morning huddle, connecting with the team for 15 minutes to talk about the day’s happenings. You help ensure your project teams are clear and ready to complete the deliverables needed for the products being designed.
- You are a great problem-solver and leader for teams. Daily you will help overcome project challenges while briefing and coaching teams on product and project goals and outcomes.
- Client Consultant – After that, you meet directly with an existing client who runs an E-Commerce website, as their web designer. You may be working with a Fortune 500 company one day, and working with an upstart technology company from Southwestern Ontario the very next day.
- Team Support – After that meeting, you regroup with your creative team, a developer or account manager to support them with delivering top-notch
- You are skilled at feature documentation and take each question from a developer as a chance to improve documentation in the future.
Your skills and experience:
- A genuine interest in business and performance – you read to better your leadership, communication, business and design skills
- A strong portfolio with experience in e-commerce design, marketing website design, mobile app design, digital ad design, and backend software design
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly present designs and build alignment with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent tactical visual design skills with sensitivity to user experience
- Energized by combining user feedback, research, and data insights into a user-centered design process
- Ability to weigh competing factors to prioritize product design initiatives effectively
- Experience working in a Lean/Kanban process
- Respect and knowledge of WCAG 2.0/2.1 compliant design
- Up to date with the latest mobile apps, digital product trends, techniques, and technologies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level education in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Interactive Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent
- 4+ years of work experience in UX or product design for software
- Proficiency in creating mock-ups, rapid prototypes, and animations using Figma, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite
- Front-end development proficiency. This is not a requirement, but we value the ability to engage in the code in order to hold the quality bar on what we ship.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO best practices.
What we offer:
Our culture is an extension of our vision: to help clients and team members see the potential they never knew they had. We offer direct leadership mentoring, professional training to continue to expand your knowledge, a culture of ownership and leadership and epic celebrations. Alongside these, we have great benefits, a flexible work environment, quarterly raises, and senior leaders’ ownership opportunities.
Qualified candidates should forward portfolio, resume, and cover letter in confidence to jointbk@tbkCreative.com.
We are grateful to all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those candidates who have been selected for an interview.
A message from the CEO, Melissa McInerney:
Thank you for your interest in a career with tbk. To give you background, tbk is a company that helps other companies successfully compete. We do this by producing some of Canada’s most effective web design, branding, digital marketing and marketing software solutions. The company is comprised of over 30 staff members and is based in downtown London, ON., right across from beautiful Victoria Park.
Our company has been recognized for many industries and business awards and for that we’re grateful. In 2020, tbk was named to the Canadian Business Growth 500 list, which ranks “Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies”. In 2016, tbk was named Small Business of the Year at the London Chamber’s Business Achievement Awards. And for five consecutive years (2016-2020), tbk has been named Top Web Design Provider in London by Consumer Choice Award.
By joining our team, you’ll be part of the company’s mission to help make businesses better through innovative uses of technological, digital and creative solutions. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Davis Martindale LLP, Eckler Ltd., Extendicare Canada Inc., Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Lerners LLP, Old Oak Properties, Tricar and Yogen Fruz®. You may also be involved in projects with tbk’s subsidiary company, AODA Online, a web accessibility software that has serviced over 2,000 corporate users across Canada.
tbk is passionate about improving the community too. We established tbk’s Women in Tech Scholarship, which pays for a female student’s first-year tuition entering Fanshawe College’s Interactive Media Design program. If staff have large vet bills, we pay for them (75% up to $3,000 per incident) through tbk’s Molly Fund. And this past summer, tbk’s Molly Fund opened to the public where families who have a dog that requires a medical amputation surgery can apply to the Fund for financial assistance.
I respect every team member at tbk because they strive to improve the lives of their team, our clients and our community. If you feel like we’re the right place for you to grow your career, we look forward to hearing from you.
Together, we can make things better.
tbk is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
tbk values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.