Position Location: London, Ontario, in office Monday - Friday at 100 Dundas Street
The role of the Executive Assistant is to assist our executive team with a variety of clerical and administrative duties. The Executive Assistant is also responsible for organizing and coordinating day-to-day operations in the office, ensuring everything runs effectively and efficiently.
The Executive Assistant represents our company on a daily basis as they are typically the first person to greet guests when they arrive at Voices, therefore they must be mature, polished, professional, courteous and friendly.
The Executive Assistant is part of the People & Operations department and reports to the Manager, Administrative Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and Leadership team including: managing an extremely active calendar of meetings; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, Clients, Talent and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the leadership team and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Prepares presentations or formats submitted presentations to ensure meetings topics and information is presented in a consistent and easy-to-read format.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to our board of directors.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Prepare presentation materials and ensure they are accurate, up to date and prepared with enough notice.
- Represents Voices by welcoming visitors at the front desk and managing the reception area to maintain a professional image.
- Determine the nature of visitors' business and provide appropriate information.
- Arrange and organize catering requests including coordination of set up and clean-up of meeting rooms.
- Perform regular clean audits to ensure that our cleaning partners are effective and offer direction for improvement when appropriate.
- Maintain and manage a daily morning/evening office audit to ensure all is running smoothly and that the office is clean, organized, and well stocked.
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Make decisions that align to Voices values, Simplicity, Trust, Action, Growth and Empowering Community.
- Administrative and reception: ordering supplies, mail incoming and outgoing, running errands, greeting guests, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress.
- In partnership with the Project and Events Coordinator manage various internal programs within Voices including but not limited to Coffee Chats, Weekly Huddle, LEAD Academy, Rally, and more. Tasks include: organizing presenters and ensuring they are trained and prepared, managing conversations with colleagues, administrative tasks, managing presentation decks and agendas.
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in an administrative environment preferred
- Strong communicator with keen listening skills
- Curious, creative thinker
- Strategic and tactical implementation skills as well as superb problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical skills (Google Suite including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, and Gmail)
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date
- The ability to navigate and align in a fast-moving workplace environment
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships
- Mature, reliable, loyal, pragmatic, and easy-going
- Courteous and professionally assertive
- A change agent who embraces and effectively supports and communicates organizational change.
- Takes initiative, problem-solver, prioritizes workload and makes decisions within the job scope
- Handles sensitive information with the utmost respect and confidentiality
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task without supervision
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and résumé by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices thanks all candidates in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for This Job