Senior QA Engineer
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
**Position is located onsite in London, Ontario Canada**
The Sr. QA Engineer is responsible for assisting in planning and coordinating the work team and may lead a group of testers and project resources, upfront involvement with blueprinting, system design and conversion/cutover planning to ensure a big picture understanding of Master data requirements and end-to-end flow of transactional data in order to discern how the hardware works within the vendor environment. Customer minded focus outside of the normal/standard device behaviors.
You are responsible for
- Assists in planning and coordinating work team and may lead a group of testers and project resources
- Upfront involvement with blueprinting and system integration design to ensure a big picture understanding of Master data requirements and end-to-end flow of transactional data in order to orchestrate test data setup for integration test cycles
- Plan for building test data into QA test environment either manually or via an automated tool
- Maintain test data among multiple non-prod environments
- Understand the requirement clearly for a proper translation of them into test cases
- Creates, maintains, and executes test cases
- Create test reports, report status and metrics to the directors/managers
- Contribute to sizing estimates to determine capacity and effort for each project/release
- Execution of multiple testing types such as systems - functional and integration and regression testing including writing test cases and/or test scripts as defined by the project/release
- Utilizes multiple systems to manage testing, including JIRA, etc
- Coordinates the execution of test cases crossing multiple process threads
- Provides system expertise to identify and report system bugs
- Completes own work per defined schedules and quality expectations to satisfy project priorities with little direction from lead/manager
- Contributes to the development and implementation of team and group process improvements
- Actively participates in the decision-making process regarding test coverage for system under test
- Work within set deadlines and deliver high quality
- Ensures that company certification standards, concepts, practices, and procedures are followed
- Analyzes performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with project technical lead and project managers
- May provide technical support to project team members
- Is primary liaison between the technical project staff and Project Managers and stays intimately aware of all project details
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Work in an Agile software development environment, including emergent architecture, changing requirements, and changing priorities (SCRUM, Agile, etc.)
- May be required to mentor/train new quality engineering staff
- University Degree or College Computer Science diploma with equivalent experience
- Must have 2-4 years of Experience including experience building test data & testing stored procedures
- Understanding of Banking and ATM/ABM industry is an asset
- Experience generate execution plans and identifying identify red flags
- Experience with hardware devices would be an asset
- A thorough understanding of development and testing methodologies
- Industry knowledge of Requirements Based Testing and Test-Driven Development.
- Demonstrate expertise at test case, test script, and test plan development, execution and automation
- Solid and hands-on experience in designing, developing and maintaining test plans, establishing test infrastructure, test automation
- Strong understanding of software integration process & pitfalls
- Strong judgment and decision-making abilities, problem solving ability
- Should be able to share opinions openly & challenge processes, testing methodologies etc.
- Work with minimal supervision, but know when to ask the right questions
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple priorities
- Must be analytical, detailed and team oriented
- Customer/Industry focused
- Must have VERY good communication & interpersonal skills
- Be creative & think outside the box, to solve problems
- Must have attention to detail and must value quality
- Strong understanding of XML
- JIRA experience is an asset
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
–Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**