Quality Analyst (6-Month Contract)
About Cognition+ Inc.:
Cognition+ Inc. is the leading provider of software solutions in the mutual insurance industry in Canada. Founded in 1993 by a group of mutual insurers, Cognition+ Inc. provides powerful, easy to use, and affordable software that ensures insurance companies of all sizes can compete in the insurance marketplace. Cognition+ Inc. offers solutions for policy, claims, accounting, financial reporting, and investment and includes integrations with third party trading partners including brokers, financial institutions and service providers. Leveraging an internal rating and underwriting rules engine along with significant application programming interface development provides extensive flexibility, extendibility and scalability. Using industry best practices for privacy, security and roles based authorization and access, Cognition+ Inc. offers onsite and cloud based solutions to 32 insurance companies in Canada. Located in London, Ontario, Cognition+ Inc. has strong longstanding relationships with insurance and technology partners in North America.
Everyone at Cognition+ Inc. has ideas and experience that we believe contribute to our success. In addition to a great work environment and great location (with free indoor parking), we offer flexible work hours, a work from home policy, catered information sessions, potluck lunches and more!
Position Summary: As a member of the QA team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other talented members of our team to support, maintain and ensure quality for a complex insurance software system. You will create test plans, write manual test cases and execute manual tests. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks and develop your skills in many ways.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• Prior experience in a Quality Assurance role;
• Experience working in a team based environment on teams of various sizes and composition;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Attention to detail and analytical thinking; and
• Good organizational and time management skills with an ability to complete multiple concurrent assignments.
• Experience in Functional testing, System testing, User Acceptance testing, Exploratory testing;
• Advanced knowledge and experience in software testing processes, quality controls, methodologies, and standards;
• Knowledge and experience in agile project methodologies, such as scrum; and
• Knowledge of Test management tools like QA Complete.
Additional Bonus Skills:
• Prior experience working in the insurance industry;
• Prior experience in accounting domain;
• Experience with test automation and/or performance testing;
• Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and design principles; and
• Industry related Professional Certification in Insurance or Software Quality (ISTQB, CIP)
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Cognition+ Inc. is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ Inc. provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-432-8553 ext. 362.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://gocognition.com/join-us/
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.