Senior Applications Specialist
Who is JMP Solutions, Automation & Robotics Division?
We are an innovative team of problem solvers who use both theory and brute force to solve real-world problems. We collaborate and strive for excellence together while pushing the boundaries of the latest technology to develop brand new automation solutions. We are fast-growing, entrepreneurial in spirit, and constantly evolving to ensure long term sustainable success.
What does JMP Solutions, Automation & Robotics Division do?
We design, build and integrate world-class smart robotic solutions to solve challenging material handling and manufacturing problems for a variety of industries. Our projects typically last between 3-12 months and range in value from $500k to $5M with project team sizes between 5 and 20 members.
What would a typical day be like?
Dynamic. As a Senior Applications Specialist, you will contribute to the development of 3+ project opportunities daily. You will visit customer manufacturing sites across North America to gain an understanding of customers’
challenges and identify areas of opportunity (typical travel of 2 to 3 days per month on average). You will brainstorm and conceptualize custom automation concepts to solve complex manufacturing challenges. You will take those concepts from whiteboard sketches to concrete plans for your customer. Your mission is to deliver comprehensive project proposals including scope, costing, schedule, and performance criteria.
What qualifies you for this opportunity?
- Ideally 7+ years of industrial automation experience
- Firsthand experience in the field of robotics, automation, mechanical design, custom machinery, and/or control systems
- Talent to conceptualize automation solutions to complex manufacturing challenges working collaboratively within a team
- Amazing communication skills to make presentations to internal team, customers, and vendor partners
- Strong writing skills for preparing proposals and defining project scope
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Industrial, etc.)
- This position has the flexibility to be based remotely, with periodic travel to our Build Facility in London Ontario, or customer sites as required.
How could you boost your application?
- Background in applications, mechanical design, or control system integration in a similar workplace
- A portfolio of projects in which you made significant contributions
- Proficient with AutoCAD, advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, and exposure to SolidWorks
- Track record of creative problem-solving in a team-oriented environment
Who would you work with?
Our team includes Professional Engineers and Technologists, Project Managers, Mechanical Designers, Robotics & Controls Specialists, Automation Technicians, and others to work cohesively with a vision, energy, and intensity.
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. JMP’s Core Competencies are essential to employee success. JMP employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to complement the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brainpower
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
We are CFE Media’s 2nd fastest growing Systems Integrator in the world on the 2019 System Integrator Giants list, certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2019 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2019 and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.