Senior QA Analyst
As part of an exciting new project, OSG is building an open sourced accessible course authoring tool. Organizations are relying on digital and online training more than ever, however, creating courses and content that are accessible to individuals of all abilities remains a difficult task that is reserved for a select few with niche training. Because of that, most courses are not truly accessible. We are embarking on a journey to remove the barriers to creating accessible digital content by developing an easy-anyone-can-do-it authoring tool that inherently embraces accessibility. While we will be embracing this tool within our own Curriculum department, we also wish to freely share it with others.
We’re looking for a Senior QA Analyst with the ability to thrive within a brand new team with fluid processes and an evolving roadmap. The ideal candidate is one who is forward-thinking, results-driven, and independent with the ability to identify issues, analyze problems and be creative when proposing solutions.
This role will be responsible for testing the course editor and ensuring the end product and features are accessible, meeting WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines, work as intended, and are generally bug-free.
As a remote first organization, this is a work from home opportunity.
What will you do in this role?
- Create and execute end-to-end test plans, manage all activities included to ensure all objectives are met, end-user requirements are full-filled and system issues are identified and resolved
- Ensure that testing prioritizes accessibility while also measuring functionality, performance reliability, stability, and compatibility
- Collaborate with developers and Program Manager to identify test scenarios and acceptance criteria
- Work with software developers to address any bugs and deficiencies discovered during testing
- Set standards for scripting and determine the environment that best suits the production and project needs
- Provide progress reports to ensure that roadblocks and issues are raised for prompt corrective action
- Manage short term & long term objectives and effectively scope projects within set timelines
- Install, configure, and maintain test environments, ensuring they are fully operational to conduct the various QA tasks
- Provide mentorship to teammates ensuing the use of testing best practices
What can you bring to the table?
- University Degree in computer science, related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years on-the-job experience in a QA role creating automated test plans and regression testing
- Expert knowledge of software QA concepts and standards, software processes, and development lifecycles
- Experience with containers (Docker) and databases (PostgreSQL, SQLite)
- A demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and detail-oriented test plans
- Strong foundational knowledge of WCAG/Accessibility
- Highly analytical with a solution-oriented mindset to overcome challenges and roadblocks
- A history of communicating effectively with cross-disciplinary teams to understand product requirements and ensure they are implemented correctly
- The ability to identify issues as well as recommend several approaches to solve any assigned testing activities including the use of different combinations of testing tools and techniques
- A proven ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you:
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, vision, and dental
- Competitive compensation
- Physical and mental rest, enjoy personal wellness days
- Flexible hours, we know that the 9-5 doesn’t work for everyone
Who are we?
We're OSG - a team dedicated to changing the way people view workplace wellbeing. We partner with businesses across Canada, enhancing the performance and wellness of their workplaces. Our training, consulting, and software partnered with various health and safety products equip our clients with the tools needed to keep their organizations productive, healthy, and inclusive. We’re firm believers in practicing what we preach - at OSG you can expect an inclusive workplace that champions professional growth.