Big Blue Bubble is looking for a Game Tester with a passion for gaming to join our Quality Services team. Candidates must have extensive experience playing games across a wide variety of genres and platforms and be driven by a strong desire to learn and improve the quality of the games they are assigned to test.
In this position, these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Performing various tests on games including; functionality, usability, consistency, content, and hardware compatibility.
- Creating detailed written bugs to track errors to resolution.
- Executing and maintaining test plans to assure development that builds are ready for mass consumption.
- Drafting weekly reports on issues and concerns for the Quality Assurance Lead on the project and the Quality Services Manager.
- Documenting issues that appear in-game in a detailed manner and liaise directly with programmers to coordinate solutions and testing.
- Providing back-up support to our customer support team during peak times by knowing how to use and respond to our customers using our online ticketing system (Live Agent).
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Secondary school diploma. Video Game Design and Development degree/diploma, preferred.
- Excellent gameplay skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Google suite, Adobe, and Atlassian products.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in foundation level testing techniques.
- Knowledge of defect tracking tools (JIRA preferred).
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- Passion for video games.
- Experience with console games, PC games, mobile games, mobile technologies, and social media.
- Native knowledge of any of the following second languages (Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, French) would be a tremendous asset.
We know the above list is detailed. We don’t expect you to meet all of our criteria but we are looking for proven experience with an appetite and passion for growth. If you think you fit the role then please get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.