Technical Support Technician
ZTR Control Systems is looking for a Technical Support Technician, to join our Technical Services and Support team within the Industrial IoT (Internet of Things) Division. This team supports our customers during initial installation and on-going technical support of our industrial telematics solutions. This team is very dynamic as team members work autonomously on their projects with customers but are always able to enjoy the camaraderie of each other’s experiences.
You will enjoy the opportunity to advance your technical skills in the areas of telematics, controls, industrial and construction equipment, while also building strong customer relationship skills. Furthermore, you will enjoy the opportunity to interact with software developers, application engineers, product engineers, quality and commercial teams as you grow within the organization. If you have a passion for technology and customer success, you may be the one to help ZTR grow to the next level!
ZTR is the recognized leader in industrial telematics and remote equipment monitoring with over 20 years of experience and hundreds of thousands of assets monitored worldwide. ZTR promotes a healthy balance between work, play and family. ZTR’s Social & Community Giving Committees provide employees with opportunities to participate in summer BBQs, company family picnic, and various social events for employees and family members as well as paid time off to volunteer at local charities! Become a member of the ZTR family!
- Provide Level 2 technical support & trouble shooting on ZTR’s equipment and services (wireless telematics products and control solutions)
- Travel to customer sites for installation of ZTR’s monitoring equipment
- Project Manage third party installation projects
- Provide technical training on-site to customers
- Provide support for new engineering designs & applications including testing
- Responsible for entering and maintaining consistent and precise documentation using our support tracking system
- Willingness to learn new hardware & software engineering skills and to help customers
- Prepare and communicate project status updates to leadership and the customer
- Build positive customer relationships
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Implement process improvements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Electrical/ Electronics Engineering Technology or Technologist Diploma
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting electronics and/or control systems
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing role
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand engineering technical documents and troubleshoot electrical systems
- Ability to work autonomously at customer sites
- Leadership skills – positive attitude, innovative and motivated
- Some travel required (dependant on COVID-19 circumstances): approximately 10-15% primarily within the U.S; possible travel to Europe or Asia
We are interested in hearing from you if you meet most of these qualifications
If you are customer focused, passionate about technology and seeking to work in a stimulating and family orientated environment, then ZTR is the place for you.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.