Software Android Developer
We’re hiring an Android Developer!
RhinoActive is looking for another talented developer to join our team. We’re looking for bright individuals that have an incredible work ethic and an insatiable appetite for learning.
RhinoActive is a small, but rapidly growing team that is largely comprised of extremely talented developers. We work very closely with RedRhino to ensure that the products we build are designed well and contain effective marketing strategies to give our clients the best chance of success. Our office is brand new and contains all the amenities you would expect out of a modern development agency.
Placing an emphasis on ‘Active’, we regularly partake in activities such as sports leagues, corporate challenges (internal and external), running clubs, golf outings, ping pong, and more. We encourage our team members to be active both inside and outside the office.
This is a full-time position for an Android developer in London, Ontario.
To be successful in this position, applicants should be diligent and hard working with at least 2 years of experience in Android development. Applicants must be familiar with common design patterns, Java based ORMs, Android UIs, and the Android SDK. This position will involve working and coordinating with designers, developers, and managers to ensure a high-quality product is delivered on time.
- Working with team members to strategize, estimate, plan, develop, and deliver high-quality mobile applications.
- To suggest potential improvements to operational procedures.
- Staying up to date with evolving technologies, APIs, and SDKs.
- To maintain a professional businesslike attitude.
- To work well with colleagues and customers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering with 2+ years of experience in Android development or 3+ years of software development using Java.
- Excellent Java programming skills.
- Understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, Complexity, and Threading.
- Very detailed knowledge of the Android SDK, including the Activity and Fragment Lifecycle.
- UI Development experience.
- Experience with Gradle.
- Familiarity with profiling apps to find bugs and improve performance.
- Familiarity with databases such as SQLite and Java-based ORMs.
- Version control (Git).
- Understanding of standard networking and security protocols
- Working knowledge of REST APIs
- Familiarity with Kotlin
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application using the form provided below.