Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
At nearly 3,000 people, Englobe is one of Canada’s premier firms specializing in professional engineering services, environmental sciences, and soil and biomass treatment.
With offices located across Canada, the United Kingdom and France, we are conveniently located to support large- and small-scale projects, through different stages, in many sectors. Offering a range of value-added services that run the gamut from professional consulting services to turnkey project implementation, Englobe has developed a reputation for integrity, credibility, and people-centered values.
When you choose Englobe, you’re choosing a team with a wide range of expertise and a shared concern for the environment and the sustainable development of their communities. At Englobe, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. We have built a culture of caring and are sincerely committed to diversity and inclusion. In practice, this means we take care of every aspect of the employee experience.
And that’s not all... Taking initiative and seizing opportunities for professional development are encouraged. We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere! At Englobe, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and excel.
- A full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP);
- A telemedicine virtual healthcare service;
- An annual reimbursement of sports expenses;
- Opportunities for skills development;
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours;
- Internal policy to encourage teleworking.
Choose the path of impact. Join us in creating a positive legacy.
Englobe is currently looking for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer for its Kitchener, Ontario office.
Dare to join Englobe and lead a career marked by growth and accomplishments.
Reporting to the Team Leader, your main tasks will be to work and manage geotechnical engineering projects and provide effective design solutions for multi-disciplinary projects. Projects will include a variety of small to large jobs spanning from residential subdivisions, low rise and high-rise building projects, Transportations and infrastructure projects, commercial and industrial projects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and assist in management of a wide variety of geotechnical projects, including field investigations, laboratory testing and interpretation, design and construction, geotechnical analysis
- Perform geotechnical analyses and provide technical expertise with a focus on soil mechanics, foundation design, soil bearing capacity , soil-structure interaction, settlement calculation, slope stability analyses, conduct geotechnical assessments utilizing computer aided design and analysis software;
- Prepare and review technical proposals in response to client requests
- Write the factual portions of geotechnical reports summarizing site conditions, and findings from boreholes and other field data;
- Write geotechnical and foundation design reports with recommendations for bearing resistance, slope stability assessments, pavement design, etc., for senior review;
- Conduct site visits and investigations to evaluate difficult conditions and assist field staff;
- Assist in training and mentoring technical personnel and more junior professional staff; Assist with project schedule and budgets.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university;
- Must be a member with Professional Engineers Ontario;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in geotechnical and/or geo-materials engineering;
- Local project experience (asset);
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience writing Geo-technical reports relating to bearing resistance, slope stability and/or pavement design;
- Familiar with gINT, Geostudios (Slope/w) and Canadian Foundation Engineering Manual;
- Strong English communication skills;
- Motivated to provide excellent client service and enjoy working in a team environment;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Willing and able to work extended hours, when needed, to meet deadlines