Product Specialist (Aviation/Aircraft)
Product Specialist is a product/support Subject Matter Expert (SME), with the capability and cross-functionality to support various teams and initiatives throughout the business life cycle. With immense industry knowledge, the Product Specialist is seen as a valuable resource in areas including, but are not limited to: product support, training, aircraft services, business/technical analysis, and/or quality assurance. Often called as a PSR (Product Specialist Resource), the Product Specialist progresses his/her career based on own aptitude, ability and drive, as well as the business demand and role availability.
Note: The list below provides a general overview on the different areas within the organization where the Product Specialist may be pulled into. It is not an exhaustive list, and the Product Specialist may be asked to perform additional duties in other areas based on the business needs.
- Create the process documents based on the internal/external stakeholders’ feedback.
- Monitor the process documentation project to maintain best practices as current and relevant as possible.
- Assist the Commercial Team members with complex, high-level customer inquiries and conversations upon request.
- Travel to customer’s facilities to provide training presentations and hands-on support.
- Provide online training presentations.
- Complete necessary training documents prior and after the training trip.
Aircraft Services / Data Loading
- Assist with maintenance program data loading.
- Evaluate and test software for quality assurance as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Post-secondary education with an aviation background or a software/technical background
- Previous aviation experience is a definite plus, especially with Aircraft Maintenance records
- Industry knowledge and familiarity with aviation terminologies and concepts
- Working experience or knowledge of WinAir or other aviation management software
Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to work independently
- Proactive self-learner with a strong commitment to continuous learning
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Assertive technical/analytic mindset
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- High technical aptitude and proficiency with general information technology
Environment and Physical
- Work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Be able to travel to client locations (Required: valid driver’s license and passport)
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience, knowledge, and ability towards this career path, and why we need to speak with you, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line. Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require any accommodation at any point in the recruitment process, please let us know.