Reporting to the Development Manager, the Full Stack Java Developer (Intermediate to Senior Level) is a proactive and enthusiastic team member with a primary responsibility of developing solutions, enhancing usability, and designing the functionality of programs and websites by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java-based components and interfaces.
In this role, you will engage in a full stack development process that involves: coding, testing, debugging, and thorough use of your analytical skill set and range of experience to produce reliable, inter-connected, and feature-rich functionality. Also, as part of this team, you will work closely with colleagues to facilitate the implementation and maintenance of business and software solutions to ensure the successful deployment of WinAir applications.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Hands-on development of applications in support of the user experience surrounding our WinAir web products;
- Create well-designed and reusable code with strong problem-solving skills while following established corporate standards and requirements documentation;
- Perform code review and provide constructive feedback;
- Review requirements documentation and provide feedback;
- Identify and help facilitate the resolution of design issues;
- Continuous learning & development;
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior resources;
- Propose appropriate and creative solutions to problems discovered during development; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of College Diploma in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent job experience)
- 5+ years of commercial experience in web application development and/or software development
- Experience managing object-oriented programming/modular programming
- Experience with Java 8/11 frameworks as well as JSP, JSTL, Tomcat (webserver), Ajax, GWT (Google Web Toolkit), CSS, Vue.js/React/Angular, Struts 2, Hibernate, XML, JDBC, MS SQL Server, Jasper, and iReport
- Experience and understanding of user experience issues, Internet design principles, and accessibility issues and standards
- Experience working in and problem solving in SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience with partial to full remote operation in the tech field is a great asset.
- Experience with Selenium is a nice to have