StarTech.com is currently looking for a Vendor Manager to join our Vendor Management team. Reporting to the Director, Vendor Management, the Vendor Manager will be responsible for the procurement and management of new and existing suppliers. This will involve sourcing suppliers that meet our quality, cost, and performance requirements, negotiating commercial terms, managing performance of vendors using performance scorecards, and maintaining frequent communication to build and maintain vendor relationships.
This highly collaborative role is well suited for candidates with experience working with Asian vendors, preferably in the electronics space. This opportunity offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
What will you be doing?
- While aligning with StarTech.com’s business strategy, you will develop a vendor strategy by understanding the manufacturing base for our product categories and evaluating and recommending new vendors who comply with our cost, quality, and product performance objectives.
- You will be responsible for negotiating commercial terms with vendors, including product costs, payment terms, RMA allowances, and product warranties.
- You will manage the performance of suppliers on a regular basis using performance scorecards in order to ensure alignment with StarTech.com’s business strategy.
- While working collaboratively with other internal teams and being the point of contact with our vendors, you will escalate and dispute vendor issues related to supply, quality, and product development.
- You will work cross functionally with internal teams such as Product Development, Supply Chain, and Product Quality to ensure each department’s product needs are met and vendor issues are resolved.
- You will support the New Product Introduction cycle by maintaining frequent communication with vendors and leveraging your relationship with them in order to drive new products closer to launch.
What can you bring to the table?
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, or a related discipline.
- Intermediate end-to-end supply chain knowledge with a major focus on overseas sourcing and negotiating.
- 5-10 years experience in a global supply chain function, coupled with strong analytical and negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working level proficiency in Mandarin (written and verbal).
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan
- The opportunity to work remotely from home or in-person at our London, Ontario headquarters.
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.