E-Commerce Catalog Specialist
Working remotely and reporting to the Marketing Director or delegate, the E-Commerce Catalog Specialist is a newly created position that will be responsible for ensuring accurate, up to date, consistent and engaging digital content of our online asset catalogues. This role provides an opportunity to begin your career in e-commerce marketing and learn from the best in the Tech industry. This position could be of interest to fully qualified candidates who may have a recognized disability as defined by the Human Rights Act, whom may not be able to access a physical workplace or the traditional job market.
Location: London, Ontario
Position(s) Available: 1
Compensation: THINQ Technologies Ltd. offers a competitive base salary between $40,000 and $50,000 (to commensurate with experience) with opportunities to earn performance bonuses. After six months employees are eligible to participate in our subsidized benefits package. After 1 year of employment, employees are eligible to join our pension program. The successful incumbent will be entitled to 2 weeks paid vacation each year.
Reports to: Marketing Director or delegate
- Improve the quality of product information (accuracy & depth) in our catalog helping customers make purchasing decisions right from our website.
- Manage creation and ongoing maintenance of all Products including product descriptions, technical data, product features, product imagery, and other attributes.
- Audit our eCommerce sites to verify and ensure that product information is properly displayed and presented (menu links, product information and categorization etc.).
- Coordinate with 3rd party suppliers (CNET, Etilize etc.) to collect their SKU product information (images, description).
- Data entry such as product dimensions, color codes, and weights etc.
- Create new product images, updating existing images as required.
- Address authorization concerns from manufacturer partners (i.e., Product listings, compliance etc.) and escalate to management or IT as needed.
- Complete new Vendor Authorization Requests as needed.
- Work with Purchasing and Executive team to ensure pricing architecture is competitive and accurately displayed on eCommerce sites within Canada and the USA. Troubleshoot accordingly.
- Price comparisons. Ensure our pricing is in line with competitors across strategic product lines in Canada and USA. Address any concerns with manufacturer partners and report discrepancies to executive team for review.
- Support marketing team with product updates to ensure advertising campaign success.
- Manage upsell and cross sell initiative across product catalogue.
- Learn about the individual Minimum Advertised Pricing Programs of our various manufacturer partners and proactively manage pricing to stay in line with requirements. Resolve or escalate concerns as needed.
- Stay in touch with our manufacturer and distribution partners to anticipate and plan for new product release dates and coordinate with manufacturer partners to ensure these items are well represented on THINQ assets.
Knowledge and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree in a related discipline (Marketing, E-Commerce, Business Administration etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years eCommerce experience, independently managing product content and digital assets.
To ensure the safety of our staff and continue operations to serve our customers, staff are currently working remotely from home-based locations. Training will likely occur at the main office site while employing physical distancing measures until such time that the new employee is deemed ready and able to work independently from a remote home location.
How to Apply:
Candidates are to submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest and suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following subject line for your application to be considered "E-Commerce Catalog Specialist 2021". We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.