At ShopDesk, you'll work with a small talented and highly-motivated team that is friendly, fast-moving and self-managing. Our team's family time is important; we rarely require long hours. Our entire team works remotely using Slack for casual interaction, so you can live practically anywhere if you have an Internet connection. There's no micro-management here—we trust that you will see tasks through to completion, and communicate with your fellow team members when needed.
At our core, ‘trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members. We need to know that you can grab a task, communicate clearly with stakeholders, and see the task to completion with superb attention to detail.
The specific skills we require for this position are:
We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, economic status, parental status, or any other non-performance-related status.
- Significant development experience with PHP and Laravel.
- Experience with Vue.js is a must.
- Production experience with MySQL. You've designed database schemas with an emphasis on scalability and performance.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Firebase is a strong plus.
- Experience with iOS development using Swift is a strong plus.
- Experience with Apache, NGINX; you've built apps on a LAMP/LEMP stack.
- Experience with Angular or React is a strong plus.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and JS and Node.js experience is a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of Git. You've collaborated with other developers on a project using Git.
- Experience using Linux systems. You're comfortable using the command line to troubleshoot issues on a server.
- Experience with Google Cloud and AWS. You've built apps that run and scale in the cloud.
- Understanding of common web vulnerabilities. You're able to identify vulnerabilities through code reviews.
- Knowledge of other languages a strong plus.
Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org