This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 16, 2020
Senior Software Developer
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a Senior Software Developer to join our team (Casual/Social Games) at our Toronto or London, ON studio.
- Ability to write efficient SQL statements and work with MySQL
- Pick up new languages quickly
- Ability to do code reviews and provide feedback to other developers
- Use performance profilers, such as memory analyzers, CPU profilers and network sniffers to improve our existing code
- Experience with solving difficult bugs in production
Nice to Haves:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is strongly preferred
- 4+ years of game development experience
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a live environment
- Experience shipping games with Unity/C# is a strong plus
- Experience with PHP is a plus
- Experience with Redis, Memcache, Docker, Ansible and Go would be highly beneficial
- Enjoy playing mobile and online games
- F2P game development experience
Becoming a Viking:
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Remind me to apply later