About the role
We are looking for a passionate problem-solver interested in achieving tangible results. Ensuring compliance with company policies and federal, provincial, and local government EHS regulations is pertinent. This includes inspections and audits, walk-throughs of the plant, and root-cause investigations. We will rely on the EHS Specialist to coordinate emergency response activities, lead record/ report keeping, monitoring, testing, training and medical surveillance per guidelines.
This person will keep tabs on changing legislation, maintain compliance with air and water permits, and manage continuous improvement of EHS through benchmarking.
- Manage hazardous waste management program: documents, inspections, handling, storage and disposal
- Review proposed new chemicals, processes, equipment, machinery, etc. with the use of the Management of Change process
- Partner with Leaders on all return to work & modified work programs to ensure successful & safe reintegration of Associates in the workplace; Responsible for WSIB claims management (Workers Compensation)
- Implement and coordinate all Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomic activities. Initiate continuous improvement on the maturity of the EHS Program through the Danaher Maturity Assessment Tool
- Execute risk assessments for jobs where duties, location, and/or equipment changes occur
- Prepare any non-compliance notification for regulatory agencies and lead all aspects of corrective measures prescribed for non-compliance issues
What makes this opportunity exciting?
Trojan’s success is evident in thousands of installations in more than 102 countries, including the largest ultraviolet disinfection facility in the world. TrojanUV treats 2.24 billion gallons a day of drinking water for New York City alone. Our head office in London, Ontario, is just an hour away from our landmark 10,000th installation is in Point Edward, Ontario! We offer full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching all on day one!
- Demonstrated ability with 5+ years in an environment, health and safety role required
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Compliance, Environmental Science, Chemistry or other related degree program required
- Strong understanding of OSHA, EPA, and industry applicable regulations required; CRSP designation preferred
- Experience with laboratories and environmental sustainability standard methodologies an asset
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.