ASICS Running Apps – Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission in the past, today, and into the future is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Race Roster will be responsible for the overall health and security of the system at Race Roster. They will set-up and maintain all servers in the Race Roster cloud. Maps of these systems will be kept up to date and logging and monitoring will keep track of any system issues. The admin is responsible for everything below as well.
- Monitor availability and performance
- Optimize the environment to ensure maximum performance
- Setup automation scripts for deployment
- Manage staging servers
- Identify potential issues on a given application deployment
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement remedies
- Create backups for different services
- Manage backup and disaster recovery processes
- Keep servers up to date
- Implement and manage security policies
- Sit with application teams to build out infrastructure for applications
- Manage maintenance windows to minimize downtime
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
- Estimation of projects
- Hours worked
- How you work with others
- Self-improvement – System Admin’s need to continue to grow on a regular basis
- Office hours are flexible but arrive on time for 9:15 a.m. stand-up
- Bring a positive attitude
- Learn the Race Roster system
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.