ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Digital Extremes Web team is looking to hire a motivated Interactive Designer who can help define the vision for Warframe.com and other gaming websites, strengthening the current foundation as well as guiding us into the future. This Interactive Designer should be creative and curious, passionate about Warframe and its future, with a skilled understanding of information architecture and how to drive engagement by employing thoughtful User Experience design. They will guide UX development in web design and related touchpoints, connecting with our amazing community through our fun and dynamic brand. If these last few sentences have gotten you excited, we’d love to chat with you!
- Participate in the creative process to define the vision for Warframe.com, from research to ideation to execution
- Partner with our Lead Web Designer and web team to collaborate on websites, game launchers, or other touchpoints for Warframe and upcoming/unreleased games while maintaining their unique brand, tone, and voice
- Collaborate with various departments and teams to align goals and maintain consistency across the Warframe universe
- Implement and uphold UX principles for web and mobile
- Create flexible, screen-agnostic designs and prototypes in Figma
- 1+ years of experience in product or web design with an emphasis on interactive experiences, using information architecture, graphic/motion design, and brand patterns to increase engagement
- Exceptional visual and technical understanding of the creation of graphic/product/web design materials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for clear, inclusive, and collaborative feedback
- Can prioritize and manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Proficiency in Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in UX Design, Graphic Design, or a related field
- Experience creating, maintaining, and extending Design Systems
- Experience with web projects that complement or extend Software as a Service or Games as a Service products - e-commerce, community, publishing, etc.
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com
. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.