Specialist/Engineer, Model Based System Engineer (MBSE) Developer
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
This role involves the development of control systems models for mechatronics application. A Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) Developer will be responsible for:
- Designing, testing, review and maintenance of Matlab/Simulink models for embedded control systems and C++ Code
- Utilizing workflow management tools to store task execution and communications
- Supporting the processing and analysis of test data for verification of models
- Mentoring other engineers and developers in MBSE workflows and software/tools
- Supporting the Rapid Prototype Controller (RPC) developers when required
A background and/or interest in vehicle dynamics, energy systems, and/or electronics is important. The role requires a good development mindset and attitude, and opportunities exist for all experience levels.
- University degree/college diploma in an engineering field
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Model based software’s (i.e. Matlab/Simulink, CAD, Enterprise Architect)
- Software development – Familiarity with data types, syntax, and control structures.
- Workflow tools (ie. Atlassian tools Jira, Bitbutcket.)
- Quick and creative troubleshooter
- Agile development mindset with the ability to learn multiple roles/tasks in a quick turnaround workflow
- Excited to work in a team environment as well as able to work productively independently
- Innovation eccentric and excited to learn/apply new skills and software
- Able to identify and understand development risks
- Ability to learn software and tools quickly
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.