StarTech.com is currently looking for an experienced Buyer to join our Supply Assurance team at our Corporate Office in London, Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain, the Buyer is responsible for the management of inventory across StarTech.com’s global warehouses to ensure availability levels meet company targets, and will work closely with assigned vendors to improve efficiencies and manufacturing lead times.
This is a highly cross functional position that will rely heavily on strong working relationships with internal and external contacts to help secure committed inventory for specific deals, support inventory levels through a product life cycle, and assist with the resolution of quality issues.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
In This Role You Will:
- Review and place planned orders to vendors, work orders and transfers between Startech.com Distribution Centers in Canada, the US and the UK on a weekly basis
- Work closely with Sales and Product Management to place orders (PO's) to satisfy unplanned demand
- Place new product orders (both advanced buying authorization and production purchase orders) as required
- Analyze inventory levels, fill rates, replenishment periods and forecasts for opportunities to improve availability
- Manage ongoing manufacturing lead time and vendor managed inventory / stocking programs for feasibility and risk mitigation
- Support our vendors, manage relationships and monitor service levels, and provide input to our Vendor Management team for supplier evaluation
- Complete reporting on Aged POs, hold audits, past due POs, fill rates, and provide Supply Chain update as needed
- Provide timely responses to inquiries regarding topics such as ETAs, product delays, bids, sales holds, quality issues, Return To Vendor (RTV) and freight quotes
- Assist company designated Broker with inbound and outbound documentation for Ocean and Air shipments, ensuring compliance and reducing delays
- Work with Sales team to secure stock for bids, future orders, rollouts, partner and new country launches
- Work closely with Product Management team and Quality teams
- College Diploma in Purchasing, Supply Chain or Business
- 2+ years of relevant working experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- SCMP, CPIM or CPM designations are preferred
What We Offer:
- A Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- Bonus Plan
How to Apply
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page StarTech.com Careers
StarTech.com is able to provide accommodation to job applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, please advise in your cover letter.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the parts they need to enable their business solutions.
Founded in 1985 by entrepreneurs Paul Seed and Ken Kalopsis, we’re a privately-owned company with our Corporate Office in London, Ontario, Canada. We continue with double digit year-over-year growth and operate in a number of countries worldwide, spanning North America, Europe and Asia. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the years to come.
StarTech.com is a winner of the prestigious Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation, having retained its designation for eight consecutive years. We’ve also been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private US companies for 10 consecutive years and are on the Profit 500 list of fastest growing Canadian companies. Most recently we have been named by the London Chamber of Commerce as the winner of the 2019 Corporate Icon Award for our substantial long-term contribution to the economic progress of our community.
A vibrant tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously. By conquering new markets and creating career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. We also know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family and support you to actively participate in your community.
Check out our LinkedIn page and become a follower so we can stay connected!