Market Research Analyst
StarTech.com is looking for a Market Research Analyst to join the Market Research team at our Corporate Office in London, Ontario. Research and market intelligence collected by the Market Research Analyst impacts business decisions across several departments including Product Strategy, Category Management, Marketing, Product Management, Product Development & Amazon.
Reporting to the Manager, Market Research, the Market Research Analyst’s role is to assist the Market Research department in the research, collection, analysis and reporting of external market data to evaluate potential opportunities and make recommendations to support business decisions. Data collected will be linked to the company’s strategic direction, including but not limited product strategy, customers, competitors, market dynamics, pricing etc.
The qualified candidate will demonstrate resourcefulness, drive, novelty of vision and a desire to solve problems.
What You Will Do
- Identify, monitor, and research market conditions or changes in the industry to support StarTech.com in the business decision making process
- Plan, implement and control secondary market research information and document outcomes through technical reports and data visualization tools such as PowerBI
- Collaborate with Data Analysts, Category & Product Managers, Amazon Merchandizers, Pricing Analysts and Product and Corporate Marketing specialists on key strategic projects
- Present and communicate insights and recommendations to Leaders, Senior Leaders and Executives within the organization
What You Can Show Us
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Market Research, Analytics, Applied Statistics, Data Science, Finance, or related field. Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Experience with conducting research, data analysis, and manipulation of data
- Advance Excel capabilities. Experience with R, SQL, Power BI an asset
- Experience working with data sets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, critically analyze, and disseminate information
- Experience with analytic findings, insights, and transforming insights into action
- Ability to communicate analytic results, present findings and disseminate significant amounts of information with an attention to detail, clarity, and accuracy
How to Apply--Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers Page
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.