R&D Senior Product Engineer
ZTR is looking for an experienced Senior R&D Product Engineer to join our Rail Team. Join our dedicated and collaborative group in this exciting role as an engineer in our R&D Engineering team where you will be providing assistance to railroad projects on a global scale!
Enter a workplace where you can take advantage of your skills and talents to make a difference both as an individual and as part of a high performance team. ZTR hires only the most talented and brightest employees to join an innovative environment where new ideas are encouraged; and extraordinary performance is rewarded.
As the Senior R&S Engineer, you will:
- Oversee the planning, scheduling, organizing, controlling and monitoring of the project team effort
- Lead assignments that require collaboration of cross functional teams
- Implement changes to existing products and solutions driven by ongoing product improvement initiatives
- Present decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues, governed by general policy, established guidelines and procedures.
- Utilize independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, handling deviations from standard methods and resolving difficulties
- Exercise initiative in adapting and applying procedures to address unusual problem situations and resolve most conflicts (intermediate to senior level)
- Assist product management by talking to customers and determining their most important needs and problems, and develop business cases
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- 5-7 years with control systems engineering preferred
- Experience with PLC programming
- Product Management and/or Project Management certifications are an asset
- Familiarity in rail industry and systems integration preferred, although automation industry experience a definite asset
- Excellent knowledge of available off-the-shelf power systems, sensors, electromechanical devices, digital and analog electronics
- Understanding of control algorithms and algorithm design practices.
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills.
- Experience leading highly technical projects with proven success with respect to meeting schedule, budget and performance criteria
Why Work at ZTR?
At ZTR, we are passionate about technology and innovation! ZTR continuously promotes a healthy balance between work, fun and family. This is a place for driven people to make a difference in our company and within our customers’ organizations. You will have the ability to direct your own career path at ZTR as we are rapidly growing with numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
We live and breathe by our ZTR Golden Rules:
- One team, one dream
- Embrace our differences
- Build relationships
- Customer success fuels our success
If these values resonate with you, apply today and become a member of the ZTR family!
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.