ASICS Running Apps – Quality Assurance Specialist
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission?in the past, today, and into the future?is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist on the Runkeeper product, you are a strong advocate for our users & stakeholders from varied walks of life and at all stages of their fitness journeys, and you exhibit this through your testing. On a daily basis you are expected to demonstrate that existing and new functionality meet the highest standards of quality, reliability, user-friendliness, security, and speed. As a team, we think critically about the structure of new features to find bugs wherever they may hide. Our testing enables education of the team on the current state of application versions so we can make well-informed, intelligent decisions together. This position requires flexibility as we respond to new business and customer requirements, while being able to quickly adapt to new strategies and priorities as they evolve.
This position is open to internal and external candidates.
This role will be working on the Runkeeper product.
- You will be testing new features as they are developed, working side by side with software engineers, designers, and product managers to find, log, and prioritize bugs.
- You will establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- You will mentor junior members of the QA team on industry best practices
- You will set up functional tests across the system
- You will write clear and concise bug reports
- You will deploy and test code on different types of environments
- You will automate testing when possible
- You will act as a point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
- You will work with all members of the QA team
- You will develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual or automated)
- You will execute different testing methodologies such as: smoke test, exploratory, destructive and functional testing.
- You will meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Education & Experience
- 1-3+ years mobile (RK) QA experience
- Strong organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
- 1+ years automation experience (or relevant experience, as described by you)
- Data management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.
Personable, Integrity, Expertise, Trustworthy
Send all cover letters and resume’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us why you want to work at Race Roster and describe an awesome project or team you’ve worked on in the past. Include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email. Please give us a link to your LinkedIn or any other portfolio website.
Race Roster welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Race Roster is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, place of origin, ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, creed, record of offences, genetics, disability, age, marital status, family status, veteran status, or fitness level.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.