Manager R&D and Process Engineering
About this role:
Are you looking for a position where you can apply your leadership and R&D background? This position will give you the opportunity to provide leadership to the Process Engineering and R&D team with Process, Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineers to develop innovative, complex new water treatment processes and products,
You will be responsible for the engineering, design and delivery of multiple R&D projects, working closely with customers, and developing networks for Open Innovation.
People Leadership, Organizational and Talent Development (35%):
- Engage and retain a highly productive, efficient and effective R&D and Process Engineering team while driving development, coaching and succession planning for direct reports.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and effective relationships with cross-functional peers/teams and suppliers addressing areas of concern and continuing performance requirements.
- Develop, train, sustain and adapt standard work practices for R&D and process engineering that enables customer value focused development of most effective and competitive product solutions
- Communicate requirements using a team approach to goals and objectives of the organization
- Invest in developing and strengthening the team for growth (D4G), leverage the Performance for Growth (P4G) and Organizational Talent Assessment (OTA) process
R&D and Process Engineering Excellence (40%):
- Deliver P&L Accountability – Projects budget & timing, products cost improvement, revenue achievement, R&D KPIs
- Work closely with cross functional peers to drive down cost on existing and new products.
- Work actively with customers to understand their visible or un-visible needs for a more cost-effective production, easier use and maintenance of the production equipment considering environmental and regulatory upcoming challenges.
- Work closely in a network with external partners to share market insight, capabilities and knowledges to drive open innovation for more efficient and faster product development.
- Create and effectively implement sustainable business processes that result in improved product quality, cost and time to market, security of developed intellectual property and for implementation of the products to the organization for easy project execution.
- Manage development and process engineering projects with the own team or external partners updating, monitoring, reporting progress to ensure targets/metrics and customer needs are met
Product Development (25%):
- Create and review technical product specifications for the development; ensure that product performance, cost, quality objectives, and safety and regulatory requirements of the targeted markets and regions are met.
- Execute product cost reduction programs, VAVE (Value Analysis / Value Engineering), in collaboration with a cross-functional team
- Execute special research activities which will lead to significant contribution of the product development
- Create reports about inventions and work with Legal to ensure security of intellectual property
- Provide support to the Pall Water Field Service Engineers during start-up and commissioning of the new developed products and in case of emergency and escalation.
- Integrate activities and cross-functional resources, including third parties, as required to support project delivery, start-up, commissioning and acceptance as per the New Product Development processes
- Provide accurate and timely communication of issues, risks, and corrective actions related to the projects
- Work closely with Sales partners to develop related costing tools and winning proposal templates that meet customer requirements
- Work with subject matter experts to estimate project and product costs, track and manage changes impacting cost through product development to ensure final product cost meet profit margin targets
- Solve technical problems, evaluating systems and or processes to determine root cause and implement corrective actions as required.
Are you qualified?
- Master´s degree in Chemical, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in equivalent Engineering Disciplines with demonstrated extended experience in innovation, and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering leadership required.
- 5 Years of experience in the Water Treatment Industry
- Experience in American and European engineering standards and regulations (ASME, UL, CSA/CRN, CE, PED and ISO/EN/DIN) for fluid treatment systems
- SAP R3.
- An M.B.A. or other advanced degree is beneficial.
- Experience managing a remote workforce experiences a plus.
ABOUT PALL WATER
Combined with decades of experience and thousands of installations, Pall Water is known globally as a provider of high-quality systems designed to tackle the most complex water treatment challenges, simply and reliably. Pall Water is a global leader in filtration, separation, and purification technologies. Our trusted water treatment solutions ensure the continual supply of safe and reliable water for municipalities and industries. With more than two billion gallons of installed capacity spanning six continents, we are a leader in membrane-based water treatment solutions. www.pallwater.com
Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, we’re working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.