Service Desk Technician (Level 1)
The Service Desk Technician Level 1’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations.
- Provides initial support, triage tickets, phone, chat, and self-service portal. Resolution of simple to medium tickets.
- Completes Access requests, on / off boarding, access changes, application provisions, password reset, distribution list updates.
- Provide users “How to” training on basic to intermediate application functions.
- Escalate to second level support teams where necessary.
- Provide On – Call support
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager
Education and Experience
- College/University diploma/degree in progress in related field
- Customer service experience preferred
- Interest in working with technology (independent work)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Technology Oriented
- Experience supporting Windows 10 desktop & laptops
- Experience supporting Apple Mac OS & IOS
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Office 365
- General understanding of network devices; routers, switches and access points
- Strong documentation skills with desire to understand and follow process
- Ability to recognize and prioritize critical incidents in a fast-paced environment
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.