Manager, User Experience Research
Position Location: Office located in London, ON. Open to candidates with a 2-3 hour radius! Work from anywhere options available.
Voices.com is the #1 Online Marketplace for Sourcing Voice Over Talent.
As the Manager, User Experience Research you’ll play the key role of ensuring product and development understand the most critical problems faced by our customers, and ensure they develop the best possible solutions for our industry leading online marketplace. You will lead a talented team of UX researchers responsible for identifying problem discovery, support defining the magnitude of the opportunity, and help build and prototype solutions working alongside design by auctioning best practice usability testing tools.
- Manage and develop a growing team of UX researchers responsible for stewarding the user experience quality and vision
- Scale the UX research team discipline with the right amount of mentorship, tools, improved processes, and diverse thinking
- Work closely with product managers and designers early and often to instill the value of UX research as part of daily product routines
- Collaborate with product, design and development to deliver the best products to help both voice actors and clients using the platform to buy services succeed at their task
- Lead and participate where needed the management of the research plans and testing methods required to deliver great products
- Test concepts and rapidly iterate through prototypes
- Manage and grow UX research tools and disciplines, such as: personas, journey maps, usability tests, customer feedback tools, win/loss analysis, interviews and focus groups, wireframing
- You’ve led a team in a UX research environment
- You love solving complex product problems with simple design solutions
- You like to collaborate with product management, design and development to balance the right decisions for the organization with the right solution for the user
- You provide your team with long term vision and strategy but also enjoy doing work yourself
- You’ve had experience thriving on change and managing stakeholders
- You have a track record of leveraging data to inform decisions
- You have a portfolio of previous work that demonstrates a thoughtful, user-centered approach to research and product development
- Multiple years (3+) industry experience successfully managing a Team.
- Education requirement, University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience.
- Product Management training experience (i.e. Pragmatic Institute, Product School, Brainstation) is an asset but not required.
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
- Work in a dynamic and environment that values collaboration.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of set processes to enhance speed, quality, accuracy, and output
How Voices.com is supporting our colleagues through this pandemic:
- Voices had all of our colleagues working from home with their laptops, monitor, accessories includes their ergonomic chairs by Monday, March 16th
- We maintain communication with our colleagues by putting out a good news, fun and informative newsletter type bulletin once per week
- We hold virtual Huddle every Monday and bi-weekly virtual Town Halls
- We care about the mental health of our colleagues through our EFAP program and human connection through our optional virtual social events such as meditation, stretching, games, happy hours, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.