Lead Gameplay Programmer
We are looking for a talented and experienced Lead Gameplay Programmer to manage a team of seasoned programmers for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting. We are a technology focused company with an experienced programming team and an advanced proprietary game engine.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated lead gameplay programmer with experience managing programming teams on complex multi-year projects for the latest generation of consoles. You should be a conscientious and considerate manager, and an expert in programming gameplay, AI, and animation systems.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Manage a team of programmers, assigning tasks, reviewing code, and providing clear, well-considered direction to meet the needs of a complex project.
- Work with the lead programmer and technical director to implement robust architecture decisions to meet the long term goals of our proprietary game engine.
- Provide direction to the gameplay, animation, and AI teams.
- Design, implement, and maintain clear, concise, bug-free, multiplayer game code to meet design requirements.
- Debug, optimize, or modify code to adhere to quality, readability, and reliability standards.
- Review, playtest, and verify code to ensure correctness, robustness and fun factor.
- Collaborate with designers and artists to understand and implement engine and game systems that are functional, easy to use, and support the vision of the game.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of game development experience with at least 1 shipped AAA title.
- Expert proficiency with C++ and/or Java.
- Expertise writing gameplay, AI, and animation systems for multiplayer games.
- Experience writing and debugging code inside a proprietary or commercial 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine.
- Deep knowledge of a wide range of video game genres and a technical understanding of how game systems are implemented.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional technical ability and exceptional communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
- Experience with modeling, animation, or rigging using 3DS Max or Maya.
- Experience programming in other subfields such as physics, graphics, and AI.
- Experience creating real-time visual effects and particle systems.
You will need to provide:
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)