Permanent, Full time (40 hrs/wk) @ $28.85 - $38.46/hr. Benefits include dental insurance, medical insurance, disability insurance. Reasonable moving expenses included.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently seeking a Technical Animator/Rigger (NOC 5241) to join our team. You will be working closely with the Tech team as well as Animators and Artists to create animator-friendly rigs, tools and scripts. A strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to create animator friendly rigs and MEL scripts is a must. You have superior knowledge and experience with Maya and MEL and a strong understanding of animation techniques. Knowledge of Motion Builder and Python would be preferred extras.
Digital Extremes Ltd. (250 York St., Suite 100, London, ON N6A 6K2) seeks Technical Animator/Rigger (NOC 5241) to perform the following duties:
- Work closely with techs, animators, and artists to create animator-friendly rigs, tools and scripts;
- Design processes that support and improve all applicable areas of the animation pipeline;
- Implement processes that support and improve all applicable areas of the animation pipeline;
- Understand and work with the game engine.
- Apply and test various animation and rigging techniques
- May adapt existing animator-friendly rigs, tools and scripts.
- University degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic or industrial design, commercial art, graphic communications or cartooning OR completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts;
- 1+ years’ previous experience in game development;
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create animator-friendly rigs and MEL scripts;
- Experience with Maya;
- Knowledge of MEL;
- An understanding of animation techniques;
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, creativity and organizational skills;
- A genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993, Digital Extremes has become an employer of choice for talented people seeking rewarding career opportunities in the gaming industry. We are widely recognized for creating the award-winning Warframe, a free-to-play, third-person coop, PVP action shooter, space ninja adventure game available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. Our early titles include Epic Pinball, Solar Winds: The Escape, Unreal and Unreal Tournament co-created series (and all its iterations) as well as The Darkness II. With over 300 of the industry’s widely talented and culturally diverse employees in both Canada and the US, we are warriors combining our expertise to deliver superior fast-paced gameplay and intense melee combat all with a great deal of passion.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on "Apply Now" below to begin the application process. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Digital Extremes Ltd.
250 York St. Suite 100
London, Ontario N6A 6K2