Specialist, Software (Cyber-Security Embedded Developer)
- Requisition Number: 3124
- Position Type: Full-Time Regular
- Relocation Provided: No
- Department: Product & Technology Dev - LC0844 (Direct)
- Location: GDLS-C London (LCLONDON)
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Specialist/Engineer, Software (Cyber-Security Software Developer)
- Build your career with a world-class defence industry leader!
- Work at the forefront of electronics and software architecture for light armoured vehicles!
- Join a high-energy team with exciting opportunities for global career progression!
About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defence industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. We have a strong foundation of delivering innovative engineering and production capabilities to our clients across the spectrum of military vehicles. Our team is focused on continuous improvements that provide our clients with solutions while reducing costs and speeding up delivery for urgent requirements.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an innovative and experienced Cyber-Security Software Developer who's interested in working on cutting-edge technologies to join our team in London, Ontario on a full-time basis.
Working with a highly motivated team you will use your technical expertise to assist in the development of processes, procedures, and policies for electronics and software resiliency in automotive applications.
Your duties will also include:
- Python, C#, C++
- Utilization of development tools such as Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Productive working with both Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience designing API’s
- Understanding of Hardware Security Modules, PKI and Transport Layer Security
- Knowledge of common application security vulnerabilities such as OWASP Top 10
- Knowledge of communication network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM, Git, and Atlassian suite of tools.
- Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) design
- Ability to participate in concept, UI, and feature development
- Testing and debugging skills
- Understanding of data science, and how it can be applied to cyber security
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a post-secondary education in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or a related field along with 3 - 5 years experience. Our ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering
- In addition to the Bachelor’s Degree, at least 2 years of Cyber Security related work OR a Master’s Degree in a Cyber Security focus.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to travel (5% Canadian and 5% US & International) and possess/able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
About the Benefits
At GDLS-C, you'll be welcomed into a tight-knit and social team with an excellent health and safety record. As a Fortune 500 company, you'll also gain valuable industry experience and have opportunities to take your career to new heights.
In addition to a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your individual skills and experience, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Flex time and vacation package
- Tuition reimbursement for you and your children
- Long and short-term disability, life, AD&D insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
If you're an experienced Cyber-Security Specialist looking to take the next step in your career - apply to join the General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada today!
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.