Human Resources Generalist
Position Location: London, Ontario
* Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date
Voices is the world’s #1 creative services marketplace.
We’ve helped tens of thousands of marketers, producers, instructors, and creative directors at the world’s biggest and most beloved brands find the right talent for their creative projects. Headquartered in London, Canada, Voices matches clients with voice-over, music, audio production, and translation professionals in over 160 countries.
Voices is seeking an experienced and results-driven Human Resources professional to align our HR initiatives and operations with the needs and objectives of the business.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about improving HR initiatives, promoting HR best practices, and enhancing the employee experience. You will be responsible for your assigned department portfolios, including recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, talent management, and engagement.
You will report to the VP, People & Operations, and be an integral member of our Human Resources team.
- All aspects of recruiting within your departmental portfolios, including posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing coordination, and collaboration with hiring managers.
- This role will be responsible for technical recruiting including web developers, quality assurance, etc.
- Maintaining and updating HR data in our HRIS (BambooHR)
- Onboarding assistance including generation of Employment Agreements, payroll information, etc.
- Apply Organizational Change Management to effectively manage and communicate change.
- Assist with talent management including career pathing and succession planning.
- Updating policies and best practices as required
- Manage Voices benefits plan including educating our employees answering questions, etc.
- Creating a culture of engagement through Human Resources initiatives
- Functional knowledge of regulatory requirements including Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, Ministry of Labour, AODA, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge and abilities
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality, as well as handle personal and sensitive information
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Desire to work in a team environment, where casual foosball face-offs are a way of life
- Experience with Salesforce would be considered an asset
Educational and Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years in a similar HR role
- Completion of diploma or degree in Business Management, preferably HR Management
- CHRP/CHRL or equivalent experience
- Experience recruiting technical roles such as developers, quality assurance, etc.
- Strong communicator with keen listening skills
- Curious, creative thinker
- Strategic and tactical implementation skills as well as superb problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical skills (Google Suite including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, and Gmail)
- The ability to navigate and align in a fast-moving workplace environment
- Ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships
- Mature, reliable, loyal, pragmatic, and easy-going
- Courteous and professionally assertive
- A change agent who embraces and effectively supports and communicates organizational change.
- Takes initiative, problem-solver, prioritizes workload, and makes decisions within the job scope
- Handles sensitive information with the utmost respect and confidentiality
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task without supervision
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.