Specialist, Software (Desk Top Developer)
- Requisition Number: 4406
- Position Type: Full-Time Regular
- Relocation Provided: Not Applicable
- Department: Product & Technology Dev - LC0844 (Direct)
- Location: GDLS-C London (LCLONDON)
- Education Required: College Diploma
- Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Specialist/Engineer, Software (Desktop Developer)
- Build your career with a world-class defence industry leader!
- Work at the forefront of electronics and software architecture for light armoured vehicles!
- Join a high-energy team with exciting opportunities for global career progression!
About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defence industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. We have a strong foundation of delivering innovative engineering and production capabilities to our clients across the spectrum of military vehicles. Our team is focused on continuous improvements that provide our clients with solutions while reducing costs and speeding up delivery for urgent requirements.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an innovative and experienced Desktop Developer who's interested in working on cutting-edge technologies to join our team in London, Ontario on a full-time basis.
Working with a highly motivated team you will use your technical expertise to assist in the development of processes, procedures, and policies for electronics and software resiliency in automotive applications.
Your duties will also include:
- Develop full-stack embedded software applications for use on LAV products
- Create solutions that meet or exceed requirements in areas such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability, and security.
- Testing and validation of new features for emerging and legacy products
- Provide input into tools, training, and environment selection for next generation products
- Seek out areas to improve current software design processes
- Field testing and validation with customer when required
- Development experience in the below areas:
- Web (ES6+, Node.JS, NPM, SVG)
- .NET (C#, Prism, WPF)
- QT (C++)
- Experience using various Linux distributions (CentOS, RedHat, Debian, Embedded)
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Experience working with teams and/or customers
- Ability to Travel (5% Canadian, 5% US & International) and possess and maintain a valid passport
- Graduate from either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar programs
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a post-secondary education in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or a related field along with 3 - 5 years experience. Our ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Development experience in the below areas:
- Yocto Project
- Serializer / Messaging Frameworks
- Databases (SQL, InfluxDB, Postgres)
- Experience using SysML + UML
- Expertise in DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible)
- Experience optimizing software to run in a hardware-constrained environment
- Experience creating high performance middleware software libraries
- UI/UX design or Human Factors Engineering (HFE) Experience
- Experience working with construction or agricultural equipment
- Experience developing Continuous Integration workflows
- Working knowledge of ISO 11989, Bosch CAN2.0B, SAE J1939 and similar standards
- Valid Secret level security clearance
About the Benefits
At GDLS-C, you'll be welcomed into a tight-knit and social team with an excellent health and safety record. As a Fortune 500 company, you'll also gain valuable industry experience and have opportunities to take your career to new heights.
In addition to a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your individual skills and experience, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- oComprehensive medical and dental benefits
- oFlex time and vacation package
- oTuition reimbursement for you and your children
- oLong and short-term disability, life, AD&D insurance
- oGroup RRSP
- oEmployee Profit Sharing Plan
If you're an experienced Desktop Developer looking to take the next step in your career - apply to join the General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada today!
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.