Business Development Manager - Material Handling Remote, ON
Located in Orangeville, Ontario, our Material Handling team designs, engineers and manufactures custom material handling solutions and we take pride in our hands-on approach to analyzing our clients’ challenges and applying our system knowledge to each and every application to meet their specific needs. We provide both heavy-duty and standard lifting and handling equipment that includes belt conveyor and roller conveyor systems, custom lifts, scissor lifts, package and pallet handling equipment, vertical conveyor belts, truck loaders and AGV (automatic guided vehicle) appliances.
As a Business Development Manager with JMP, you will fuel the growth of the world’s 4th fastest growing Systems Integrator, exceeding sales targets by creating and cultivating business relationships within a defined set of target accounts. The role requires client interaction as well as internal communication to exceed sales quotas, manage client activities across JMP, act as a client advocate, establish and develop sales channels, and adhere to the sales process, including mastering the use of SalesForce.com. Business Development Managers will represent all of JMP’s core offerings within their local boundaries or beyond and will work across the organization to identify and realize cross-branch opportunities, continuing our momentum and helping us deliver on our promise to do what we say we’ll do. Every time. All the time.
This position has the flexibility to be based remotely throughout Ontario, Canada, with the ability to travel to all JMP and customer locations throughout Canada and the US.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- BDM’s will drive new and deepen existing business relationships with targeted external clients across focused industries and applications, using our internal ERP system and SalesForce.com to record sales activities and track pipelines on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Identify and develop relationships with manufacturers and distribution salespeople to gain warm introductions in new accounts and leveraging these relationships to grow in existing accounts
- Participate in business planning and visioning by utilizing your market knowledge to provide direction, advice and support at Quarterly Management Meetings and Strategic Planning Meetings annually
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas within the Industrial Automation industry, specifically Material Handling solutions
- Industry experience and related education within the field is an asset
- Great sales acumen and understanding of common sales processes; formal sales training is an asset
- Strong leadership skills and ability to persuade others
- High integrity and commitment to delivering value to customers
- High familiarity with the types of technology used by JMP and its customers
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
- Strong business acumen and ability to determine long-term value
- Able to work within and achieve business targets and can effectively communicate the company’s strategies
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to complement the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brainpower
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 17 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
We are CFE Media’s 2nd fastest growing Systems Integrator in the world on the 2019 System Integrator Giants list, certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2019 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2019 and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified.
Who is JMP’s Material Handling Division?
Our Orangeville office team designs, engineers and manufactures custom material handling solutions and we take pride in our hands-on approach to analyzing our clients’ challenges and applying our system knowledge to each and every application to meet their specific needs. We provide both heavy duty and standard lifting and handling equipment that includes belt conveyor and roller conveyor systems, custom lifts, scissor lifts, package and pallet handling equipment, vertical conveyor belts, truck loaders and AGV (automatic guided vehicle) appliances.
Our team is full of hardworking, goal-oriented individuals! We are always looking for like-minded people to join our team and add their strengths to our growing skill-sets.
- Postal / Courier
- Food & Beverage
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.