VP of Strategy and Corporate Development
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 90 Vikings already on board, located in 16 different countries, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, Unity, Blockchain, Web3, Metaverse, and Edutainment, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
Parallelz is building a new computing architecture and platform that enables entirely new ways of delivering, distributing and discovering mobile applications that were never thought possible. We enable developers, with no modifications or SDK, to transform their existing native-mobile apps into fully native-web apps.
With Parallelz converted “ZApps”, users can run mobile-native apps instantaneously without friction or restrictions of an app-store installation and with zero compromise to visual quality or user experience. ZApps can also enable developers to empower their users, without any code, to modify, extend or personalize the visual, audio, and interactive elements.
Parallelz founding team and advisors are serial entrepreneurs and technologists from Google, Mozilla, MIT Media Labs, King, and other top organizations. The company is joined by top tier and global venture funds and angel investors.
Our mission is simple: Amplify Human Creative Output & Create a Better Internet for Everyone.
The Nitty Gritty:
We are looking for a VP of Strategy and Corporate Development to drive the efforts, results and success of BVG’s and Parallelz’s corporate development departments. This role is a full time and 100% work from anywhere remote opportunity.
Strategic Planning Process
- Develop long term strategic plan and objectives, conduct annual value- and fact-based reviews of Big Viking Games and Parallez product portfolio (including economic profitability, revenue potential, profitability, capacity utilization, operating cost and quality), and identify and analyze trends and opportunities in existing and new markets
- Develop competitor analysis to enhance the understanding of the market competition
- Identify and assess opportunities in existing and new product markets, evaluate potential candidates for acquisitions or joint ventures, and evaluate and recommend existing businesses for enhancement, investment/growth or disposition.
- On a specific mandate basis, actively investigate opportunities that will come up from time to time from within Big Viking Games or Parallels, or from external sources such as our shareholder or potential partners, through a diligent review of business cases
- Develop financial models, perform market analysis and develop business cases to confirm the value (or not) of these opportunities
- Manage the execution of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other special projects
Business Analysis and Market Research
- Review and evaluate potential synergistic opportunities in Big Viking and Parallelz markets, including proposed mergers of peers and outsource firms. Identify enterprise risks and opportunities resulting from government regulation and lead coordinate action plan to mitigate risks or capture opportunities
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Supporting with background research and analysis on various projects relating to business development
- Identify new opportunities to raise funds to support the growth and acquisition pipeline
- Actively source, outreach, contact and build relationships with potential investor leads and future investors (funds, financial institutions, pensions, multi-nationals, ultra high net worth individuals, family offices and more)
- Producing and updating collaterals including decks, pitchbooks, investor updates and reports
- Manage the relationships with investors, including through organizing events, scheduling meetings, managing and updating our investors
- Drive projects related to lead generation, investment pipeline, organizing fundraising roadshows
- Track and monitor the investor lifecycle and ensure that all investor queries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Work with potential investors through their diligence, subscription and onboarding process.
The Must Haves:
- Experience leading a team
- Experience managing across functions and regions
- 8-10 years years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated ability at gathering and synthesizing data from a number of internal and external sources
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrated skills in building financial models
- Experience in managing transactions and leading transactional teams - Contributor-manager role, hence a high degree of relevant financial/technical skills
- Strong communication skills - oral and written (including presentation skills)
- Strong team management skills
- Experience in managing international stakeholders will be a plus
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- BS/BA in analytical discipline (Finance, Business, Engineering)
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Distinguished academic or intellectual achievement
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience developing and presenting material to a senior level audience
- M&A experience
- Gaming, Blockchain, NFT, VR/AR, and Edutainment industry experience
- An understanding of the economics of the free-to-play market would be an advantage
- Competitive salary, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- We are 100% work from anywhere!
- Lots of other great perks such as company outings, events and get-togethers.