For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
The business analyst is the key resource to ensure successful delivery of solutions between application users and application developers. They are the crucial component to determining strategic project deliverables (technology/process/people) and timelines.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Partner with the business/user group representatives to understand the business processes
- Become a SME to execute the end user’s system entries and responsibilities.
- Design and review user stories and acceptance criteria; as well develop test strategies, test plans and test cases
- Document the resulting analysis in an appropriate format including process flows, business rules, workflow descriptions and data definitions.
- Conduct and lead UAT remediation meetings and documents.
- Organize projects/deliverables by applying the SDLC principals and fundamentals.
- Deliver an agile approach to system enhancements and deliverables with continuous iterations of improvements to existing applications.
- Inclined and enthusiastic approach to all stages or facets in the program.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Educational background and/or 1-5 years in business technology focused roles.
- Experience with Business Analysis and Project Management fundamentals and methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate in both technical and user-friendly language.
- University Degree or College Diploma
- Familiarity writing formal test plans and test cases.
- Fluency in Spanish considered an asset.
- Ability to travel between Canada and the USA to other offices
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.