CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee, you are a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future focused mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. As a team member at Carfax, you know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You have a thirst for learning new things and building new skillsets. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun! Come and join us!
We are looking for a Security Administrator to support the tasks in accordance with CARFAX Canada strategic plans for security projects. In this role you will work on-site from our London, ON office and will report to our Cyber Security Manager. You will be part of a Security Operations team that is driven to promote and adopt new security initiatives and projects while working closely with engineering/architecture, data management and IT support to ensure our security process and systems are deployed, managed, and monitored. You are a self-starter ready to lead, improve our security and risk management. You’ll strengthen our asset management and security operations, as well as implement structure, process, and security systems.
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource.
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans.
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
Monitoring network traffic for suspicious behavior.
- Creating low-level security architectures and procedures, authorization roles, and defending against unauthorized access, modifications and destruction.
- Consulting with staff, managers and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Implementing and supporting security tools, such as firewalls, IPS, as well as anti-virus software, Office365, SIEM.
- Train staff to understand and use security protocols.
- Coordinate with internal vendors on security projects and deployment.
- Experience implementing, administering, and troubleshooting enterprise security solutions.
- Practical hands-on knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
- Critical thinking with the ability to analyze, troubleshoot and problem-solve quickly.
- Communicates clearly with concise details to transfer information to others.
Education and Experience Required
- 3+ years in IT (various roles) security Engineer or network security, endpoint security, SOC analyst.
- 2+ years of experience working with Azure Cloud security environments as a security engineer handling day to day implementations and configurations.
- 2+ years of experience in implementing and managing network and endpoint security initiatives and projects.
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent certificate in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field.
- Advanced training certifications are considered an asset.
- Security certifications like CompTIA Security+, Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate are considered an asset.
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario at the historical landmark 100 Kellogg Lane. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits, and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives, social events, and a generous time off package that reflects our amazing work-life balance!
We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please indicate this in your application.
If you are interested in exploring all our career opportunities, please visit our website: https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Carfax Canada!