Senior Software Engineer
ZTR is looking for a talented and innovative Senior Software Engineer to join our collaborative Product Engineering Team. This team defines, designs, and develops embedded telematics products for the Industrial IoT market. As a recognized global leader in industrial telematics and remote equipment monitoring, we deliver market solutions that integrate telematics monitoring hardware, software, remote communications, and services.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of a fun, fast-paced team that develops high-quality, embedded software stack to run on embedded hardware for the industrial industry.
ZTR fosters a workplace where ideas and innovation are welcomed. If you are looking to learn new technologies, have a passion for solving complex problems and want to work in a challenging environment, you may be the one to help us continue to advance our products!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Design and develop embedded firmware, drivers, and applications using C/C++ on Windows and Linux platforms
- Implement industry defined standards and protocols
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, project managers, and support teams to deliver full end-to-end solutions
- Debug and test new products and features
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of programming experience with a focus on C/C++
- Experience with serial communications (SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485), wired & wireless technologies (TCP/IP, UDP, Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB), networking (HSPA, CDMA, LTE)
- Understanding of common embedded development practices (memory and power optimizations)
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, in addition to common Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of common C++ libraries such as STL and Boost
- Strong understanding of common debugging, testing and automation methodologies for unit testing and product validation
- Excellent technical writing, communication and documentation skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated, directed and detail-oriented
Why Work at ZTR?
At ZTR, we are passionate about technology and innovation! ZTR continuously promotes a healthy balance between work, fun and family. This is a place for driven people to make a difference in our company and within our customers’ organizations. You will have the ability to direct your own career path at ZTR as we are rapidly growing with numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
We live and breathe by our ZTR Golden Rules:
- One team, one dream
- Embrace our differences
- Build relationships
- Customer success fuels our success
If these values resonate with you, apply today and become a member of the ZTR family!
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.