StarTech.com is growing its Data Analytics Department by adding a new Data Analyst to the team.
Reporting to the Manager, Analytics, the Data Analyst will be a valued contributor to the team in the areas of analysis and reporting. This individual will be responsible for measuring and reporting on business initiatives, dashboarding and analyzing data for business insights and opportunities. The person in this role will be successful if he/she can effectively interpret and analyze data, create effective reporting tools and identify and communicate results - ultimately aiding the organization in making data-driven decisions.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, benefit package, and remote work options.
In this role you will:
- Create and maintain reporting by compiling data from multiple sources as well as provide analysis by identifying trends or business opportunities
- Develop and implement dashboards and tools as per requirements of the business
- Leverage your Analytics toolkit by building proof of concept data models and providing summary statistics using Excel
- Learn and understand the use of BI software to create and support reporting and visualizations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and management to support business information needs
- Clearly and concisely communicate and present summary outputs to different levels of the organization
- Monitor and provide updates on the effectiveness of various business initiatives
- Understand the functional nature of various pre-built R scripts and update, clean, organize and format data for input into R scripts
What You Can Show Us
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business, Statistics, Technology or relevant cumulative experience
- 2+ years working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst, working with large data sets
- Strong working knowledge of cleaning and compiling large sets of data, data mining, creating reports
- Robust analytical skills with the ability to organize, analyze and disseminate complex data
- Strong knowledge of and experience with BI reporting packages such as Excel, PowerBI, R
- Ability to communicate results in a clear and concise manner
What we Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan
How to Apply
Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page com Careers
StarTech.com is able to provide accommodation to job applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, please advise in your cover letter.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the parts they need to enable their business solutions.
Founded in 1985 by entrepreneurs Paul Seed and Ken Kalopsis, we’re a privately-owned company with our Corporate Office in London, Ontario, Canada. We continue with double digit year-over-year growth and operate in a number of countries worldwide, spanning North America, Europe and Asia. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the years to come.
StarTech.com is a winner of the prestigious Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation, having retained its designation for eight consecutive years. We’ve also been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private US companies for 10 consecutive years and are on the Profit 500 list of fastest growing Canadian companies. Most recently we have been named by the London Chamber of Commerce as the winner of the 2019 Corporate Icon Award for our substantial long-term contribution to the economic progress of our community.
A vibrant tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously. By conquering new markets and creating career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. We also know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family and support you to actively participate in your community.
Check out our LinkedIn page and become a follower so we can stay connected!