Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer is responsible for leading development efforts of cutting-edge technologies for self-service software solutions for retail banking in the organization. This position has multiple responsibilities, including active development and leadership over more junior members of the team. This position also encompasses building knowledge of our business and expertise with the entire software development lifecycle. We use Agile methodology – SCRUM – with short sprint cycles and very close user involvement to continuously improve our software. Our culture encourages not only knowledge building and best practice sharing, but also gives the opportunity to provide feedback for continuous improvement.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will participate in reviewing existing solutions for enhancements and building new solutions for our integrated product suite and participate in estimation activities for new functionality, whether part of the existing Product Management Roadmap, or new solutions to satisfy customer requests.
- Work closely with product management, architecture, and internal team to understand product requirements and translate them into software solutions
- Work within set deadlines and deliver high quality, well unit tested code and solutions
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies existing systems including problem investigation, implementation, validation and release
- Follow coding standards, and implement unit tests (new or modified) for all changes
- Actively participate in code reviews and structured code walkthroughs
- Contribute to product documentation, working with Technical Publications team, including feature documentation, system documentation, installation/upgrade documentation, etc.
- Involved in project requirements-gathering and creating specifications
- As appropriate, interact with clients during on-site initiatives, and regularly scheduled calls during project life cycle
- Required to contribute to, and help lead the effort of, gathering work estimates for project requirements
- Provide technical support to project team members, and other internal product teams
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Work in an Agile software development environment, including emergent architecture, changing requirements, and changing priorities (SCRUM, Agile, etc.)
- Participate in team discussions and develop solutions using best practices
- Lead small teams through the SDLC as it applies to new feature development
- Contribute ideas to continually improve the product and processes
- Provides timely technical status reporting to project Software Developers
International and domestic travel to client sites and to other office locations may be required.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or equivalent post-secondary education
- A minimum 8 years internal and/or related development experience
- Strong understanding of coding languages and tools including but not limited to C++, XML, C# .NET, HTML5, CSS, Web Technologies (ie. React, Angular), Database (e.g. SQL Server).
- Solid software engineering foundation with deep skills in Object Oriented Development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication with the project clients (may be internal or external)
- A passion for detail and developing quality software
- Hardworking, self-motivated, and passionate about learning and working with the latest technologies
- Inspired by having to think outside the box and work with your fellow team members to find solutions to problems
- A team player who adapts quickly to ever-changing environments
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Requisition Employer Description
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
–Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**
We are a global Company operating in multiple Locations and Entities. As we are keen to find the best solution for our candidates several legal entities might be applicable for a Job offer. A List of our operating entities can be found here
Experience Level: Associate
Primary Location: London, Ontario, Canada Remote, Canada
Remote - Work from Home: Yes