Android/IOS (Mobile) Developer
Race Roster is an online event registration platform geared towards endurance events. We’re looking for a Mobile apps developer to help our partner and teammates from The Runkeeper app to build the best run tracking app in the world. You’ll be joining the most collaborative team you’ve ever experienced, which will hopefully lead you to the best work of your life. Developers at Race Roster are customer-focused, creative and constantly trying new things, showing them off when they work well, and discarding them when they don’t. At Race Roster, just as many design ideas/initiatives come from our developers, as from our designers. You can easily go between systematic thinking and microscopic design detail.
Contributing to the overall success of our clients’ events
- At least 1-3 years of mobile development, or a combination of web and mobile development experience
- Experience building mobile apps using RESTful web services with JSON or XML
- Ability to work in a team and independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to prioritize incoming tasks
- Ability to write consistent, clean, concise, well documented, and reusable code
What you need
Your resume and a few snippets that you feel exhibit your skills. Some examples include:
- Code samples
- Links to your public repositories (GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Links to projects that you have developed/contributed to
What you will do
- Writing solid code and rooting out hard-to-find issues to ensure quality
- Hands-on development for iOS and Android (Swift/Kotlin) in our Runkeeper apps
- Hands-on development of Java-based web applications
- Think through large scaling issues on applications that handle hundreds of thousands of users at a time
- An app in an App Store
- Git experience
- You have never owned a Windows Phone (just kidding, you can relate to at least one other in the office)
- Contributions to an OSS project
Only candidates who complete the above steps will be considered. Thank you so much for considering Race Roster. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Send all cover letters and resume’s to email@example.com
Tell us why you want to work at Race Roster and describe an awesome project or team you’ve worked on in the past. Include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email. Please give us a link to your LinkedIn or any other portfolio website.
Race Roster is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, place of origin, ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, creed, record of offences, genetics, disability, age, marital status, family status, veteran status, or fitness level.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.