ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Senior Frontend Developer to join our external projects team.
- Development and maintenance of frontend systems, primarily for internal use
- Web-app front-end communication with back-end code
- Development of backend code to facilitate frontend system features
- Write robust, maintainable and secure code
- Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization
- Correspond with parties involved in features and feature requests
- Extensive experience with the Angular framework
- Requisite language expertise: Node.js / Typescript
- Databases: MongoDB [or similar NoSQL], SQL
- Linux experience
- Git experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science
- Strong communication skills, work ethic and motivation.
- Unit testing/Test-driven-development
- Fluency in both oral and written English
- AWS experience
- Payment system integration
- O-Auth/SSO integration
- Cloud security
- M.Sc. Degree in Computer Science
- AWS Certifications
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Employee recognition program to celebrate personal success through an online platform
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.