IT Manager Development
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Applications & Systems Development covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
It is TD’s vision to create a standard enterprise solution that provides consistent authentication capabilities and experience to our customer facing staff in Contact center, branches and operations or back office. The authentication hub will provide a common colleague experience to service the customers in both Contact Center and Branch which will allow employees to view customer authentication histories, update profile preferences, access credentials and enrollment details.
We are looking for someone to manage and lead a team of ambitious technology professionals as they deliver a wide range of application or system solutions. You’ll also have the opportunity to provide technical guidance and leadership beyond your immediate team.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Lead development teams and own responsibility for the delivery of development solutions and component/unit testing efforts.
- Oversee and report on project status, manage project team resources and assignments, ensure project milestones are met and up to standard.
- Work with technology partners to develop the content for development and solutions design deliverables, ensure project estimates cover all activities within scope, including project management and application development, software quality assurance reviews, and vendor and contract management activities.
- Ensure all requirements, project plans, and changes to commitment are communicated to all affected team members.
- Define the Application Development Vendor strategy and manage vendors and service level agreements.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to support / develop sound business cases with an on-going focus on reusability, scalability, innovation and enterprise-wide solutions.
- Ensure the project team follows all quality assurance processes.
- Drive stakeholder communications, develop effective stakeholder management required for team delivery.
- Act as an escalation point for all risks and issues affecting the development team, and for working to define and implement mitigation strategies.
- Control change to development project scope through accepted change management processes, impact assessment and documentation.
- Responsible for delivering in line with financial forecast / plan, and achieving benefits targets as defined for Application Development teams.
- Manage and track costs in line with investment governance to deliver agreed outcomes and service-level within budget.
- Oversee demand management and project intake process, ensuring the development team can deliver on intake requirements and financial cost estimations are reviewed and approved.
- Identify all development related project dependencies and risks and ensures mitigation/contingency plans are in place for identified risks.
- Responsible for management of the overall development / design teams providing both leadership and technical guidance.
- Set targets and objectives for the team, and deliver results.
- Grow team expertise to meet demand and to support TD’s technology direction; assess team capabilities, always look for ways to enhance value delivered!
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 7+ years relevant experience in development and leadership
- Expert knowledge of the business, technology standards, managing people and projects.
- Advanced understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices/ disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of external competition, and/or market trends.
- Readiness and motivation to manage a sizeable group or team of IT professionals (e.g. <25) responsible for development/solutions design and/or system enhancements, new releases or project deliverables with increasing complexity of moderate to broad scope.
- Proven success in problem solving and coming up with strategies and plans for operational improvement.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.