Lead Developer – Remote
Who is a Lead Developer?
The Lead Developer is responsible for the quality, integrity, scalability, resiliency, and overall technical performance of the products and services developed within their assigned portfolio. The Lead Developer plays a vital role in the development, design, testing and deployment of responsive web solutions across our various web properties – these properties are built on AEM and Umbraco.
They ensure that the overall technical solution meets business needs and aligns with GoodLife’s digital experience and technology strategies, as communicated by the Digital Experience leadership team.
The Lead Developer participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from requirements definition through service delivery and operational support, and is responsible for producing high-quality solutions and accurate system design documentation. The Lead Developer assumes a technical and associate leadership position for development projects and shares knowledge and experience with other members of the development team, while developing their skills, communication and experience.
What will you be doing?
- Manages direct reports and the people requirements of the Team using provided tools and resources to ensure the successful execution of all key responsibilities and tasks, retention of great talent, and high Associate engagement.
- Facilitates recruitment of direct reports alongside the Talent Acquisition Department to ensure adequate resourcing based on approved Department/Team budget.
- Leads the onboarding, coaching, learning, development, and performance management of all direct reports to ensure a positive and safe working experience.
- Provides personnel and administrative supervision. Conducts hiring, personnel evaluation, counseling, mentorship, development, salary reviews, disciplinary and termination activities as required. Develops and delivers training plans to maintain professional staffing with the necessary skillsets to execute on business commitment.
- Develops, deploys and supports software components for products and services using Adobe Experience Manager, other Adobe Products, Umbraco, Azure, and front-end frameworks such as React.js, ensuring alignment with business requirements as directed by Product Owners and the Digital Experience leadership team
- Designs efficient content models, security models, workflows and templates
- Develops templates and components leveraging current software releases
- Applies a deep understanding of our CMS platforms and Adobe solutions like AEM, Analytics, Target and Campaign to make appropriate technical decisions
- Develops and oversees OSGI bundles, templates, launches, and workflows
- Builds and maintains efficient and high-quality code and integrates software components and third-party programs
- Collaborates with other Software Developers to perform pair programming and code reviews, as needed, to reinforce the quality of code and applications
- Works with support teams and product teams to solve common problems and to enhance the availability and content of designated applications
- Creates technical documentation for referencing and reporting
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance (QA) Specialists and Product Owners to test and debug software, diagnose and resolve system issues, create release notes, operating procedures and technical documentation, in order to maximize the quality of software
- Collaborates with Architecture, Infrastructure, and Security teams to understand the infrastructure and platform roadmaps and proactively leads and implements initiatives to ensure applications are utilizing current, supported versions
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement; develops and implements solutions to drive iterative change by participating in retrospective meetings in order to maximize the quality, efficiency and agility of software development teams
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma
- 4 to 8 years of experience in software development
- Over 2 years’ experience with responsibility for the analysis, design, development and maintenance of a variety of software applications, creating test plans, test cases/scripts, testing tools
- Experience developing consumer facing websites, experiences that resemble selling directly to the relevant customer segment are preferred.
- Experience configuring Author and Publish instances, Dispatchers and other Replication agents
- Skilled in some of these technologies: Azure, .NET Core, C#, Java, SQL Server databases, REST, and/or SQL program languages
- Some understanding of API development & design, information architectures and microservices
- Proven technical team leadership, estimation and task management experience
What’s in it for you
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive Total Rewards Package
- FREE Fitness membership
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
At GoodLife Fitness, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and that is equitable. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs