Linux Software Developer
Trojan UV designs and manufactures pressurized and open-channel UV disinfection systems for municipal wastewater and drinking water, as well as UV-oxidation systems for environmental contaminant treatment and potable and nonpotable reuse applications. We have the largest municipal UV installation base in the world and are proud to play an important role in continually advancing UV disinfection technology. Within Danaher, TrojanUV is part of Trojan Technologies which in turn is part of the Water platform group of businesses. Through strong customer partnerships, the water platform advances the quality and delivery of water. Want to help us in this mission?
We are looking for a passionate software developer who aspires to develop technologies for Environmental Solutions that advance innovations in the water treatment process. You will be a key member of a growing branch of the Research and Development Software Team focused on embedded Linux platforms.
- Research, experiment and apply innovative technologies, keeping the organization at the leading edge.
- Drive continuous improvement of yourself, team and the organization by setting and measuring goals.
- Craft accurate and clear engineering specifications and documentation to ensure teams are working with high-quality information.
- Serve as a technical resource to other groups to ensure common initiatives drive to completion.
- Think with a lean mindset to ensure energy is spent in the smartest way possible.
- Collaborate with the team to deliver maximum customer value in short, sustainable lead-times while providing utmost quality for customers and society.
Who We Are
- Our products and services play vital roles in making the various stages of the water treatment process more effective, efficient and sustainable.
- Applications and markets served include municipal wastewater, drinking water, environmental contaminant treatment; residential water treatment; ultra-purification of water used in food and beverage manufacturing; pharmaceutical processing and semiconductor applications; filtration and solids separation.
- Trojan Technologies product brands include TrojanUV, Aquafine, VIQUA and Salsnes Filter.
- Part of Danaher Corporation, a Fortune 150 global science and technology leader.
- 5+ years of working experience in a Software Development role using Linux.
- Technical expertise and experience with Linux OS, software development languages, tools and applications to support full-stack application development.
- Robust design and troubleshooting skills related to embedded systems.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, and containerization (Docker).
- Build automation and test experience with CI tools such as Jenkins.
- Ability to create solutions that are scalable, reliable, secure, and extensible.
- Clearly communicates thoughts and ideas, both written and verbal.
Experience with any of the following an asset:
- Working knowledge of C/C++ programming.
- Linux application development targeting resource-constrained devices, such as single board computers (SBCs).
- Operated within an Agile process, particularly Scrum.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and security methodologies.
- Skill in configuring and using software-based protection tools for firewalls, virtual private networks (VPN) and encryption.
- Working knowledge of database systems (NoSQL, time series).
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance in software or electronics field.
- Experience with build release and remote patch management processes.
- Experience writing and debugging software/firmware drivers for peripherals from schematics and datasheets.
- Familiar with industrial fieldbuses such as Modbus, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, etc.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.