Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
Software Engineer (.Net)
**(Intermediate level experience - Not entry level or Sr. level)**
The Intermediate Software Engineer is responsible for programming as well as building knowledge of our business and expertise with the entire software development lifecycle. We use Agile methodology – SCRUM – with short sprint cycles and very close user involvement to continuously improve our software. Our culture encourages not only knowledge building and best practice sharing, but also gives the opportunity to provide feedback for continuous improvement.
The Intermediate Software Engineer will participate in reviewing existing solutions and providing recommendations for extensions, customizations and new solutions for our product suite and estimates for our product and client solutions.
You are responsible for:
- Work closely with product management, architecture, and internal team to understand product requirements and translate them into software solutions
- Work within set deadlines and deliver high quality, well unit tested code and solutions
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies existing systems including problem investigation, implementation, validation and release
- Follow coding standards, and implement unit tests (new or modified) for all changes
- Actively participate in code reviews and structured code walkthroughs
- Contribute to product documentation, working with Technical Publications team, including feature documentation, system documentation, installation/upgrade documentation, etc.
- Involved in project requirements-gathering and creating specifications
- As appropriate, interact with clients during on-site initiatives, and regularly scheduled calls during project life cycle
- Required to contribute to, and help lead the effort of, gathering work estimates for project requirements
- Provide technical support to project team members, and other internal product teams
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Work in an Agile software development environment, including emergent architecture, changing requirements, and changing priorities (SCRUM, Agile, etc.)
- Participate in team discussions and develop solutions using best practices
- Contribute ideas to continually improve the product and processes
- Provides timely technical status reporting to project Software Developers
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or equivalent post-secondary education
- 2+ years of internal and/or related development experience
- Strong understanding of coding languages and tools involving web technologies (i.e. React, Angular), .NET C#, C++, relational databases (e.g. SQL Server)
- Solid software engineering foundation with deep skills in Object Oriented Development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for detail and developing quality software
- Hardworking, self-motivated, and passionate about learning and working with the latest technologies
- Inspired by having to think outside the box and work with your fellow team members to find solutions to problems
- A team player who adapts quickly to ever-changing environments
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation. The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
–Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**